22// Jimin

WARNING: Smut. 

Jimin had completely forgotten about the box by the time he and Yoongi had eaten and cleaned up.

It stood there, obvious as an elephant, but Jimin's eyes ignored it skilfully.

"You're free tomorrow, right?" Yoongi's voice spoke nonchalantly. Jimin nodded slowly.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. Just wondering, that's all."

Sounds fake, but ok, Jimin thought.

"Are you sure you're not going back to work?" he asked the older, and shuffled in his seat. The manga on his lap seemed heavier than usual, and he couldn't find a comfortable position.

"No, I just... wanna stay home," Yoongi mumbled back. His voice was low, and his gaze flickered.

"Hey," Jimin put a hand on his hyung's shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

Yoongi's eyes met his, and for a split second, time seemed to stop. 

The heat radiating from the older's shoulder warmed Jimin right to the core. The sweet scent of Yoongi's shampoo filled Jimin's nose, and the cold stare of the older seemed somehow assuring. Jimin's lips parted in awe; all he wanted to do was to look at Yoongi forever.

But the moving of Yoongi's pink, pretty lips, and the sound of his voice, brought Jimin back.

"Yes. I am now."

Jimin retraced his hand, softly biting his lip, and nodded. He offered the older a smile.

"Good."

He put the manga on the table, stood up.

"Where are you going?" Yoongi asked, the protectiveness in his voice far from hidden. He fixed his eyes on Jimin's, his hand in a tight grasp around the younger's wrist.

"To the bathroom. Calm down, tiger," Jimin said, and Yoongi reluctantly let go of him. The older licked his lips, uneasiness in his expression.

"Hey," Jimin said, trying to speak as softly as he could.

"I'll be back in a minute, alright? I'm not leaving, Yoongi."

Something in the way his hyung's name rolled off Jimin's tongue, made his heart flutter. He ignored it, and focused on how Yoongi's shoulders relaxed.

"Okay, Romeo, I'll see you in a minute then."

Jimin tried to ignore the butterflies in his stomach as he left the living room. He swore he saw Yoongi smirk at him when the nickname left his lips. 

Jimin sighed at his reflection as he entered the bathroom, and quickly shut the door behind him.

The dark circled under his eyes were only getting deeper by the hours, and his hair was messy. He doubted Yoongi would ever like him, especially when he looked this.

He turned the tap on, and splashed his face with water. He dried his face and opened the cabinet on the right side on the mirror. He hadn't moved in yet (if fact, they haven't discussed it further since Yoongi proposed the idea), but he had some simple skincare products there already. Yoongi had kindly granted him the right cabinet, while he would just stuff his (mostly empty) stuff in the left. Jimin had at first denied, but Yoongi had managed to convince him.

He quickly moisturized his face, and forced a smile at himself in the mirror. 

"60! Okay, Chimchim, it's been a minute!"  He heard Yoongi yell. His forced smile turned into a genuine one.