36// Jimin

He must be dreaming.

...right?

Any moment now, and he'd wake up in his bed; in cold sweat and tears and loneliness, but he'd be in his bed and everything would've been a dream. Just a terrifyingly real-like dream.
But the elevator continued it's happy tunes that seemed so out of place for Jimin's mood. He was angry and sad, sure, but he was so devastated.

He had just watched his friend kiss his Min Yoongi, and then he had reacted so awfully with all the anger exploding in him. And for a second he had wished he had never met Yoongi.
He had wished he had never gone out drinking that night; leaving Jungkook alone. He had left the apartment when the younger had gone to get something to show Jimin, because he needed a drink. He hadn't even said goodbye to his friend.
And then, completely drunk off his ass, he had met Yoongi at the bus stop. He had gotten his number, and texted him non-stop the day after. He had been so sure that he had felt love at first sight. So damn sure.
And when he met Yoongi in the park... God, he was sure he had met an angle. He was so sure that they were meant to be.
And everything had been fantastic for so long; quiet days, and cozy nights; loving smiles, and open arms. He had been so in love that he didn't even realize how exhausting all his need for attention must've been for Yoongi.
He deeply regretted meeting him.

They had fought in the hallway, and with every step Yoongi took towards Jimin, he could feel the air around them tense up. He wasn't sure what was really happening to their relationship, but he didn't want to ruin Yoongi like he had been ruined by Taehyung. So he had fled the scene, and now he was stuck in some moving box of regret, heading towards Floor 1.

If he had just been calm, and not behaved like he did, perhaps the hurt in Yoongi's eyes would've have been so... so real.

Jimin sighed and pinched his arm, shutting his eyes. The small tad of pain emitted, and he understood that this wasn't a dream. Or, perhaps he was hoping that he was just really fast asleep.

The doors opened with a soft pling, and Jimin stepped out into the lobby. It was still quiet and empty; not even a man behind the desk was there. Jimin just shook his head, and walked out.

His was threatening to throb with exhaustion as a chilly breeze kissed his cheek. It was still raining a bit, but not as much as earlier. He wondered how long he had been at the apartment complex; it seemed like forever, yet so short. 
Just like his relationship with Yoongi.

Or rather, his friendship with Yoongi. They had never dated, and only kissed when they had almost fucked. Hell, they hadn't even had sex either! Everything they did was either so terribly cute, or heartrendingly sad.
Jimin couldn't even understand how they had gotten into this mess. Jungkook just came one day and... fucked them up. Yeah, Jeon Jungkook - the traitor beyond measure.

Are we still even friends? Jimin wondered. Jungkook had, after all, betrayed and hurt him badly, but he couldn't just leave him! Could he?

Jimin didn't even know how to leave his own self behind; a constant road of self-destruction and pain. It was like he was just meant to play the grieving boy in all the parts of his life; not one moment did he get to be the hero. Never the sidekick either; just some sob story.

Jimin was sick of that.

He wanted to show the world that he was more than some helpless crybaby who didn't know the difference between self-sacrifice and love.
He wasn't just some minor character in a big play; he was the character.
He was what the world was supposed to rotate around.

He wasn't just some grieving boy in the middle of an unknown play that no one would ever come to see.
He was supposed to be so much more than this...