43// Jimin

He was burning. His skin was on fire, there he laid next to Yoongi.

His Min Yoongi.

Fuck, it felt good to be able to say that... only, was it true?

Yoongi had yet to answer Jimin's question. He hadn't even blinked; just emptily staring at the younger. Jimin was still laying close to his hyung's chest. He was about to say aish, don't answer; it's stupid when Yoongi drew a breath, as if to speak.

Alas, out of his lips seeped but nothingness:

"I don't know," he said, slowly.

"I don't know..."

Jimin nodded slightly, and put his head on Yoongi's shoulder. It set him ablaze but it was comforting. He had been so cold and empty for so long that he felt bliss in him now. He was a sword in the making, with the flames licking against his limbs to harden his skin and soften his core.

"You're burning up, Jiminie," Yoongi spoke after a moment. The nickname poured from his lips like honeyed gold; soft, gleaming, loving. Everything that Jimin was not.

"I-I am? I didn't..." but his voice trailed off, as his train of thoughts left the railroad.

"Are you sick? When did you last eat? Are you freezing?" Yoongi asked hastily as he sat up, pulling Jimin up beside him at an arm's length.

"I-I don't know. Jin-hyung fed me when you came in. I don't feel cold, but-"
He was cut off as Yoongi wrapped his arms tightly around him, hugging him. Jimin sank into Yoongi's embrace, losing the strength in his upper body. Yoongi leaned back a bit, but kept holding him. 
It felt safe to be held like that, but Jimin didn't dare breathe. He didn't dare open his eyes and look out into the vast room that was surrounding them. Sure, the bed was big and the room wasn't enormous, but it felt like they were just two tiny creatures being surrounded by a painful world that no one really knew how to fix.

They were like angels with burned up wings.

There was no way back to heaven now.

They stayed like that for a good minute, before Yoongi slowly started to unwrap his arms. It left a stinging sensation where his hands had touched Jimin's back. The boy gulped nervously at the feeling, knowing how addicted he was. It had only been moments with Yoongi's hands on his body, but fuck - it felt like a relapse in all ways but bad. It was holy; it was good.

Suddenly, like a storm in broad daylight, a memory came to mind.

"That's not how you play chess, Jin," Namjoon said with a laughter, and corrected his boyfriend's false move.

"I learned the rules seriously five minutes ago, I don't remember them all!" Seokjin defended himself, making Jimin chuckle at how the older was so defensive over his skills at a game he didn't know how to play.

They had all decided to play board-games, and they had landed on chess. It was old. Jimin remembered how Yoongi told him when he had asked about it once. He had come over it while dusting the house, and Yoongi simply told him he had gotten it from his grandparents that had passed away, but he had never played.

Now they was sitting beside each other on the floor in the living room, with the NamJin couple opposite of them across the coffee table. Jimin laughed and smiled; he was happy that they were all hanging out. He has missed the couple, and even though he didn't consider them his best friends, he was closer to them than anyone else in a while. Well, except Yoongi and Jungkook. But that wasn't important.