41// Jimin

Sometimes Jimin wished he could just sleep forever.

This was one of those times.

He heard the soft footsteps of Namjoon walk around downstairs, followed by the opening and closing of the front door, and the quiet noise of a car pulling up in the driveway. He had closed his eyes, hoping that whatever the NamJin couple was doing, it didn't involve him. He was too tired; too tired to eat, too tired to sleep, too tired to care. Soon, he was sure, he would be too tired to breathe.

But when the front door opened and closed again a few minutes later - softer, this time - and Seokjin's muffled humming entered his ears, his heart just dropped. Something was going on.

The oldest of his hyungs had left so early - almost too early - and hadn't come back before now. And Namjoon was acting suspicious too. But maybe it was just something Jimin was making up.

Right now he sat bundled up in the guest bed, the sheets wrapped around him to keep his freezing, thin body somewhat warm. He dragged a hand through his hair - it seemed to be thinning - and shook off a few silver strands that clung to his fingers.

Speaking of fingers, his were getting noticeably slimmer - but also a lot more shaky and weak. The starvation and lack of water intake was starting to really show. Not only did he feel lightheaded most of the time, but he felt like he could shatter at any moment - a wind blowing too hard and he would be laying flat out on the ground with all his bones broken. But, he figured, rather that than having to deal with his broken heart.

He still couldn't understand what had happened, or what was happening. The whole Yoongi and Jimin thing - they weren't even officially dating but this felt like a breakup. Like their hearts were once linked but someone cut the strings between them.

And the traitor - Jeon Jungkook.

How could he? He had been Jimin's best friend all his life, and now? Now he was just some guy that hurts people and uses them. But still, Jimin was sure there was some good left in him. There had to be... right?

Without hope that everything could be restored, Jimin was nothing. His life was nothing. Jungkook and Yoongi was all he had. Sure, Seokjin and Namjoon were good friends of his too, but he didn't want to bother them. In fact, he didn't want to bother anyone at all.

Maybe he should just-

A knock on his door kept the thought from getting any further. Like a reflex, Jimin jumped a little, and brought the sheets closer around him.

"Come in," he squeaked. The door opened ever so slightly, and the lovely face of Seokjin revealed itself. Worldwide handsome, he called himself. No one disagreed.

"You're awake," the older spoke, and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. The room wasn't as heavy and dark now, as the sun was rising more and more, but yet a coldness creeped around Jimin. Something told him he shouldn't be awake - or perhaps, it was saying that he shouldn't be alive. To him it was the same. Sleep, death;

It meant nothing to him whichever it was.

"Yes, I am," he said softly. Seokjin squatted down beside the bed, looking at the younger with tender eyes. He was the perfect father - loving, caring, supportive. But he was also strict when needed and had a set of house rules everyone was expected to follow. It had never been a problem to Jimin as he had never stayed there for very long at a time - but the longer he stayed, the more he felt like a burden. He didn't want to be a burden. He just wanted to be happy and in love and alive.

"How are you feeling?" Seokjin asked and reached out to touch Jimin. The latter flinched, but relaxed and let Seokjin caress his cheek. The older's hand was warm and comforting. But it was too soft and too big - nothing like Yoongi's hands. Jimin wanted Yoongi's touch. But he supposed he'd take what he'd get. And, for the time being, Seokjin's hands were good enough.