40// Jimin

Jimin awoke in cold sweat, with the sun shining in the window; the curtains were like hands held before his eyes, but the light was like liquid - seeping in through every crack and bending at every corner just to reach him.

"Good morning," a deep voice beside him spoke. Jimin sat up, startled, but his arms quickly gave in to his brittle weight, and he fell back down on the bed. Not eating sure did make him weak.

"H-hyung," Jimin spoke, his voice dry and tired, like it was stuck in the back of his throat. Namjoon sat beside him on a stool, leaning against the wall. Had he been there for long?

"Jin left an hour ago, and asked me to keep an eye on you. You've been sleeping peacefully until now," Namjoon muttered as if he could read Jimin's mind.

"Oh..." Jimin didn't know what else to say.

"How are you feeling?" Namjoon took his stool in one hand and dragged it a bit closer to the bed. A worried look fell upon his face, and Jimin felt his stomach clench.

"Don't pity me," the younger mumbled, turning his head away from Namjoon. The latter sighed.

"I'm not pitying you, although you could use some pity," Namjoon said quietly. Jimin turned to look at his hyung, a hateful expression masking his sorrow as Namjoon's worry was written all over his own face.

"I'm worried, that's all. You look-"

"Dead?" Jimin snapped, more than venom in his voice.

"-awful..."

Jimin didn't know what to answer. He simple swallowed the saliva building up in his mouth. He was thirsty, he hadn't noticed before now. 
He opened his mouth to ask, but Namjoon was already holding a glass of water in front of the younger.

"Here, drink some of this. I'm sure he'll be back soon."

Jimin put the glass to his lips but hesitated.

"Who will be back?"

Namjoon looked at him and smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Jin," he said after a moment, as if the truth was untold - written behind the older's unreadable eyes. Jimin simply drank the water.

When he was finished, he thanked his friend - for the water, for permission to spend the night, for whatever he could think of. Namjoon brushed it off with a chuckle and a nod.

"It's the least I can do." 

Then, the older got up from his stool and walked to the door.

"I'll put this glass away, and call Jin. I'm sure he'll be back here soon, he was just taking care of Y-... something."

Then he disappeared, and Jimin was left alone with the blinding sun and the cold room surrounding him. Sometimes he wondered what it was like to not be trapped like this. So stuck in the middle of nowhere; emotionally ripped apart and physically starving.
He wondered what Yoongi might feel like or do right now. He wondered how broken he was; was this even happening? was he feeling as bad as Jimin? Did he, or had he ever, even loved him? Was Jimin stuck in a one-sided imagination where nothing fazed the other people in his life, because he was the only one set up for destruction?

And perhaps most of all, he wondered: was Yoongi even real?

Jimin didn't know. He didn't want to know.

He just wanted Yoongi back.

-
// Yoongi

He was floating. No, soaring.