Chapter 2: Meet David

David's POV

Today started out like any normal day. I woke up around 9:25 am and cleaned my apartment. I live by myself. My dad used to live with me, but he's in jail now. He got caught by stealing money from his job; I visit him once in a while, but I know that he gives me a hard time for not working and for not going to college. I've tried to apply to jobs, but they never accepted me. The only job I do for now is cleaning houses. Yes, I'm a housekeeper, but the the family I housekeep doesn't pay me much. You see, I've had a dream that I would have a house, a big house with my Maserati, and a beautiful wife and kids. I'm still working on that, but I don't know where to start. I barely graduated high school, I was about to drop out but my dad would always discipline me. (More like hitting me until when I got my sense back) he made sure I graduated. He didn't graduate so he had always wanted me to become a better person than him.
I just wanted to get out of here, see the world, go to new places and live far from where I live. Just get away from my problems, and start a new life.
I texted my buddies, Chris and Daniel to come over. I've known them since we were kids. We went to the same school together. They both thought I was their role model, in reality I'm just a big trouble maker.
They both texted back saying they were on their way. We hang out almost everyday, thinking what we wanted to do for the rest of the day.
Finally I heard a knock at the door, it was them.
"Hey hey! David how's my favorite pal?" Asked Chris.
"No, I'm his favorite pal!" Yelled Daniel.
"Hey relax Danny boy! You both are my favorites!" I said. "Come on in."
We just hung out and chilled.
"So David, what are the plans for this weekend?" Asked Daniel. He's such a goofball, I don't know why he acts like it but it sure calms me down when I'm in a bad mood.
"I really want to get my dream over with, but I don't know how." I responded.
"Oh, you mean buy a house and all that?" Asked Chris.
"Yeah, I just want to get away now. I can't stand living here in this dump and not getting paid enough." I said.
Chris and Daniel looked at each other.
"Do you have enough money to get away?" Asked Chris.
I sighed.
"That's the thing, i don't."
"Where do you plan on living in?" Asked Daniel.
"Las Vegas, but I really want to leave now." I was so frustrated living here. Then, a thought came into my mind. It's something risky and shocking, but I'll do anything to just get away.
"Boys, what if I told you my plan?"