Chapter 11: The Call

David's POV

A couple of hours passed by, time to make the call.
I walked up to Mayra, took her blindfold off. When I took it off, she said,
"Please, let me go or otherwise my parents are going to be frantic."
When she said the word frantic, I was shocked and I snickered.
"Wait what?! Did you say the word frantic?! Boys did I hear wrong?" I asked. "Did she just use to word frantic?"
"I heard her David!" Yelled Chris.
"I THINK SHE JUST DID!!" Screamed Daniel as he looked at Mayra. We all glared at him for awhile because he screamed and it was super loud and awkward. He then turned to look at me and then at Chris looking a little embarrassed, "sorry I didn't mean to scream like that." He said shyly.
I then looked at Mayra, "hehe, No one usually says "Frantic" now a days." I told her.
She rolls her eyes, "just please let me go, I want to go home. I promise I Won't say anything." She cries.
I really feel bad for her, I wish I could let her go, but I need the money to get out of this state. I can't stay here for too long, I'll go insane! But I also can't trust her. I can't let my emotions show.
"Look, if you're going to cry and be boring I'll have to put the tape over your mouth and you will never hear from or talk to your family." I said.
"When are you going to call them?" She asked.
"Right now, but let's get one thing straight: you don't say a word or make the slightest sound on the phone unless I say so. And if you don't follow my directions, I'll shoot you. Got it?" I asked.
She nodded.
"Good!" I took out her phone and asked her what her passcode was, she told me, I typed it in, and called her home phone number.

Woman: you reached the Dominguez family, Alicia speaking
Me: well if it isn't mrs. Dominguez. Is your whole family with you?
Alicia: yes, may I ask who's calling?
Me: you don't need to know who I am, the only thing you need to know is that I have your daughter here with me.
Alicia: (gasps) Yes, My family is here with me.
Me: okay, put the phone on speaker. I want everyone to listen.
Alicia: it's on speaker.
Man: who the hell is this??!!
Me: is this mr. Dominguez? Oops, I mean officer Dominguez? Hehe.
Officer Dominguez: who are you? WHERE IS MY MY DAUGHTER?!!
Me: relax relax! She's right here with me, safe and sound.... for now.
Officer Dominguez: let me talk to her please. I want to hear her voice!"
Me: I'm sorry officer, but I'm afraid she's tied up at the moment.
Officer Dominguez: listen, if you lay one finger on her I will—
Me: you'll what? Hunt me down? Arrest me? Shoot me? You better think about that. After all we're in a middle of nowhere. How will you find me? It doesn't matter. What matters is that I have your daughter and I need something from you.
Officer Dominguez: you ain't getting crap!

I looked at Chris with the gun, and motioned him to arm it. He aims it on Mayra's temple and when the gun started to click she screamed.
Me: did you hear that? That was your daughter. If you ever want to see her again you're going to do exactly what I say!
Officer Dominguez: What do you want?
Me: I need you and your wife to listen carefully because I'm only gonna say this once. 1st thing, don't contact the authorities or anybody else. If you do, Mayra will be dead in seconds! Got that?!
Officer Dominguez: Yes!
Me: good! 2nd, I need you to bring $650,000.
Officer Dominguez: (gasps) that's a lot of money! Are you for real?!
Me: listen do you want your daughter back or not?!
Officer Dominguez: Yes I want my Mayra back! It's gonna take us some time!
Me: I don't care how long it takes, just bring me the money in cash and you'll get your daughter back.
Officer Dominguez: anything else?!
Me: yes, you're house is being watched so if I were you, I'd watch myself. Other than that, that's it.
Officer Dominguez: where do you want the money?
Me: for now get the money, and wait for my instructions!
Officer Dominguez: let us speak to Mayra please.
Me: you got exactly 3 min.
I pass the phone to Mayra. "Try anything, and I will make sure you never talk to your family again!"
She nodded, crying.

Mayra's POV

Me: Mom? Daddy?
Dad: hey baby girl! Are you okay?!
Mom: hey sweetie! Everything is going to be okay!
Me: Mom, dad I'm scared! (Crying)
Dad: don't worry baby, we'll get you home soon! I promise
Me: I hope so, I miss you guys!
Dad: don't worry baby. I'm a cop and I will find you!
Mom: be strong Mayra. You're going to be okay. We will figure this out

David's POV

I yanked the phone away from Mayra.
Me: that's all you get! Now, if I were you I'd get going.
Alicia: please don't hurt my daughter!
Officer Dominguez: if you hurt her I swear—
Me: just get me the money. And when you do, just wait for me to call back. Any questions?
Officer Dominguez: no, just don't hurt her.
I hung up the phone. I looked at Mayra, she's crying so hard. I seriously want to comfort her, but as a kidnapper I can't. If I wasn't, I'd totally do it. Gosh she looks cute, even when she's crying. I walked up to her and my hand caresses her cheek.
"I think your parents are beginning to worry a lot. Don't you?"
She looks away. "Boys, blindfold her and tape her mouth shut." Chris and Daniel grabbed the blindfold and tape and looked at Mayra.
"Don't worry baby, this will be over soon."