Chapter 34: Shopping and Surprises

Mayra's POV

I woke up at 8:30am and Adriana texted me.
A: hey girl! What's up?
Me: hey, I've been Okay. What's up?
A: since its Christmas break how about we do a little shopping?
Me: yeah, where and what Time do you want to meet?
A: how about 12:30pm at the mall?
I rolled my eyes. I don't want to walk by my work otherwise Vicky might be there and chew me out for not working. I should ask when I could get back and let her know that I returned.
Me: that sounds good. See you there.
A: later!
I got ready and went downstairs to have breakfast. I saw my dad and Junior eating.
"Hey dad, I'm going to be going shopping with Adriana. Is that alright?" I asked.
"Yeah sure. Just be careful and make sure you're with her at all times. By the way when you get home we're going to have a little talk Okay?" He said.
I rolled my eyes. Usually little talk means long discussions.
"Okay, I'll be back." I said as I walked out the door to my car. I drove to Adriana's home, picked her up and we went to the mall.
We then arrived and we started to shop. We went to H&M to buy clothes, Old Navy, JCPenny, and Dillards. I bought some jewelry for my mom, some tank tops for my dad, some beanies for my brother and some clothes for myself.
After shopping we decided to grab something to eat. We walked past Starbucks and I see Leonard and Grace. I decided to walk over there to check my schedule.
"Mayra!!!" Screamed Leonard.
"You're back! How are you? I heard you were kidnapped." He said. How would he know? Was it on the news? Then again this was where I was kidnapped, I think the detective might've investigated here and asked Leonard or Vicky.
"I was but now I'm back. I came here to see my schedule." I said.
"It looks like you're off this week. Vicky must've not put you in. Try to call or text her." He said.
"I'll try." I said. He snickered. He knows how much I don't like Vicky. "I gotta order some food. I'll see you later." I said.
"Bye Mayra and welcome back!" He Yelled. I smiled. I walked out and ordered something from Panda Express. Adriana ordered a slice of pizza with a salad.
Afterwards, I dropped her off at home, and drove back home.
When I got back I saw my parents sitting in the living room with the detective.
"Hey sweetie! You're back!" My dad yelled.
"What's going on here?" I asked.
"Hey Mayra! How's it going?" The detective asked.
"It's going. What's happening?" I asked repeatedly.
My parents looked at each other. "Mayra, we talked to the detective about how you can be more open." My dad said.
I was confused. "Be more open?"
My dad nodded. "Honey, your mom, the detective and I would love for you to go see a psychologist."
I didn't know what to say. A psychologist? Really?!
"Why?" I asked.
"Mayra, I know that you've been through a lot, but I think it would be best to talk to your psychologist about everything you went through." The detective said.
"No! I don't want to see a psychologist! I'm fine." I Yelled.
"Honey don't start. We just want what's best for you." My Mom said.
"Guys I'm fine! I've been open, I just still feel weirded out but I promise I'm fine!" I said trying to convince them.
"Honey we want you to get your life in order, back to the way it was before." My dad said. I rolled my eyes at him. "We're talking about your life here." He explained.
"So am I dad! Yeah I'm still shaken up but I'm still the same old me!"
"Honey, we just want to help you." My Mom said.
"Don't worry this psychologist has worked with kids like you Mayra. She's a professional and she's very open and so attentive. Her name is Dr. Spendlove and I can guarantee you that she'll help you." The detective said.
I rolled my eyes at him.
"Mayra! Would you stop rolling your eyes?!" My Mom Yelled.
"Honey, we discussed about when you'd be available to have visits with her and we thought Tuesday and Friday evenings. Will that work?" My dad asked.
I have no choice. I might as well do it. I nodded.
"Okay, She'll be looking forward to it. Don't worry Mayra, you'll be fine." The detective assured me. I nodded.
"Well, I better get back to my office. I still have to interview the other kidnappers." He said.
"How's David?" I asked. My parents looked at me.
"He's fine." The detective said. "I'll see you later kiddo. Enjoy the rest of your day!"
I stormed to my room and decided to take a nap. I hate the fact that my parents make decisions for me especially when I'm 18 years old. I'm a young adult. I can make decisions on my own . They just don't understand. At least I can let everything out to my psychologist and she'll help me. I worry about David and I don't know why. I hope he's alright.