Chapter 28: Operation Rescue Part 2

Miguel's POV

I went to Mayra's home and waited for Ruben. Alicia gave me some hot chocolate and later on, Ruben came inside and sat across from me at the table.
"Look, I'm feeling a little bit tired so let's just get this over with." He said.
"Yes sir. Okay, so I took a look at the junk yard, with car scraps. This is my plan. I get the bag of fake money, I come "alone," you and the officers hide inside the junk yard as in hiding under or behind the scrappy cars and when I give them the money, they'll let go of Mayra and we ambush them. When we ambush them you guys will arrest them and we'll have Mayra safe and sound." I explained.
He sort of looked confused. "So Wait, we're hiding inside the junkyard? How do we get there before the kidnappers arrive?" He asked.
"That's the thing, you guys go super early, I'll call them that I have the money and they'll be on their way, we'll exchange and that's when you guys ambush them."
"Oh. Okay. That's sounds like a plan. I'm positive this will work. I just want my baby girl back." He said.
"Don't worry! We will." I assured him.
"You better get some rest. We got a long day tomorrow." He said.
"Hey, why don't you sleep in our guest room. From here you can meet me and my crew at the junkyard."
I grinned. "I'd be glad to. Thanks so much mr. Dominguez." I said.
"You're welcome. Goodnight Miguel."
"Good night."
This is it. Tomorrow's the big day to rescue my princess from the big bad dragon.

Mayra's POV

We had an amazing dinner. He's such a good cook. He made us turkey, with mashed potatoes, steamed corn, and rolls. It was like a feast. After dinner we watched a movie on Netflix. We watched Forrest Gump, Ferris Buhler's Day Off, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We laughed so hard, cried, and well, laughed. David and I snuggled. After the last movie was over, we all went to bed. I snuggled up with David and hugged him. He hugged me back.
"Why can't I take you away?" He asked.
"You already did." I said.
He groans, "you know what I mean." He said.
"I don't know. But I have a question," I said. He nodded for me to go on.
"You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but why do you need the money?" I asked.
He paused for a moment and he answered, "I just want to get away from this place, this state and city. I want to live in Las Vegas."
I looked at him with concern. "Why Las Vegas and not anywhere else?" I asked.
"I've never been to that city, but I heard they have good homes, awesome city walks and awesome nightclubs." He laughs.
"I mostly just want to live freely without my dad giving me a hard time and to just live somewhere I can be free. I know that's not how life is, but I just want to get away from my childhood and just have fun." He said.
I understood where he was coming from. I don't think I would want to live in Rapid City all my life, even though I don't know exactly what David has gone through, but if I was in his situation yeah I'd run away too. Then a thought came into my mind.
"Have you seen the Lion King?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Do you remember how Simba always wanted to be king?"
"Yeah-"
"He dreamed about being king. Until when his own uncle, killed his father. And you know what Scar told Simba?"
He nodded. "He told Simba to run away and convinced him that he killed his own father."
"Yeah, Even though he didn't really kill his father, but you're right. Scar told him to run away and he did. Simba ran away from his "problems" (yes I quoted problems because he really didn't have any, besides his father dying) lived in the jungle and thought he was happy there until his best friend, Nala went to find help and she found him."
I continued. "She tried to persuade him to come back but he couldn't because he thought what he did was very wrong and he didn't want to face the past. Guess what he did? He walked around and the Baboon came to help him. Do you remember what Rafiki counseled Simba?" I asked.
"Yeah, He said something about his father living in him."
I nodded. "Yeah, but Mufasa also told him to remember who he is and that he is more than what he had become. After hearing his Father's words, he came to a conclusion that he had to go back and face his past."
David chuckled, "that was when the baboon hit him with the stick."
I laughed, "hehe, yeah, but that was something important too. He said that the past can hurt, you can either run from it or learn from it."
He nodded, thinking about it.
"After all I don't know what you went through exactly, but all I can tell you is remember who you are and to always learn from the past not running away from it." I said.
He started tearing up, and so did I. He hugged me tight and said, "thanks for your guidance." He said. "I'll try to remember who I am." He said.
I really do hope he does. He's a good person. He just needs to realize it.
"I love you." I said.
He looked at me and said "I love you too." We both kissed and again, this Kiss was real. He's so special, I don't know how I'm going to live without him.
He then looks at me and said, "don't forget about me and I won't forget about you." I nodded.
"Of course I'll remember you." I said. We began to kiss again until we fell asleep. I'm really going to miss him.