Chapter 16: Operation Rescue Part 1

Detective Richter:
I pulled the boy aside from his work. Vicky didn't seem too happy about it, but I need this boy to give me information. Mayra's life is at risk and I'm not planning to let her or her family down. We sat down at the cafe and talked.
"What is your name?" I asked.
"Leonard." He answered.
"Well Leonard, I'm going to ask you a few questions and I need you to answer truthfully. Can you do that?" I asked.
"Yes sir." He answered.
"Good. So tell me, how long have you been working here at Starbucks?"
"2 years sir." He answered.
"How long has Mayra worked there? Did you train her?" I asked.
"She's been working for 9 and 1/2 months and yes I trained her." He responded.
I nodded. "Would you say she's good with making coffee for customers?"
"Yes very much."
"Very good. How's her customer service? Does she give them full attention and stuff?"
"Yeah, she's pretty good with the customers, even when the customers are cranky and want their coffee made right hehe."
I chuckled, "Yeah, I get it."
He smiled, "I do have one question, why are you asking me how Mayra treats the customers?"
"Well, I ask because I think there might've been a customer that might have kidnapped her, but I'm not so sure. That's why I asked you because you've seen her the day she went missing right?"
"Uh huh." He answers.
I cleared my throat. "So tell me, did you see anything unusual about the customers since you and Mayra were working?"
He shook his head, "not that I had seen, I did remember a customer that was talking to Mayra during her lunch break but nothing unusual."
"When was this?" I asked.
He pondered for a bit. "I think it was on a Friday." He responded.
I wrote his answers in my notes.
"Do you remember what Mayra and this customer were doing?"
"Sort of, I did see a gentleman sit across from her and he looked pretty young."
I'm getting close! "Do you remember what he looked like?"
He looked puzzled, trying to think what this person looked like.
"I think he loo—"
"Hey Leo!! Are you almost done? It's starting to get a little busy here." Screamed Vicky. I looked at her saying, "yes, Miss Vicky I just need 2 more questions for him and he's all yours."
He rolled his eyes. I chuckled.
He looked at me and said, "I'm so sorry about Vicky. That's just how she is."
I laughed, "no worries. She needs to know that I'm a detective that will need a co worker to give me information of her worker. Continue on." I said.
He thought for a moment, "I don't remember exactly what he looked like, but he was wearing a blue sweatshirt with a hoody, had white skin, brown hair, he looked a little tall but that's all I remember."
I nodded, "did Mayra tell you anything that happened?"
He nodded, "she told me that he was going to be her last customer the next day, but never came."
I started to wonder, did Mayra know this guy's name?
"And one more question, did she know the name of this person? And did she tell you?"
"Yes," he answered.
Yes! I'm getting closer to know who the person might be. "And what was his name?"
"His name is Daniel. I don't know his last name, but that's his name. Mayra also told me he goes by Danny."

Miguel's POV

I was just finishing with work. I work at a restaurant at Cinzetti's. (An Italian restaurant) When my shift was over, I drove to Mayra's home. Today was a really hard day, I couldn't think as much. I was so lost and my manager could tell I haven't gotten any sleep. (Which I didn't.) with Mayra gone, I'm downhill. I always worry about her and every time I think about something, she pops into my head. When I arrived at Mayra's home, I went inside seeing her parents sobbing.
"Hey Miguel, come and sit down." Said Ruben.
I came in and asked if they had any news about Mayra.
Ruben nodded. He told me that Detective Richter called him and gave him information about a young man name Daniel. I'm thinking he's the guy who kidnapped her. At least we know the name of the guy.
"So now what's next?" I asked.
Ruben looked at me. "Now, we plan on getting Mayra back."
I gave him a confused look. "What's the plan?"
He smiled.