Chapter 12: News About Mayra

Ruben jr.'s POV

I was doing my homework until I heard the phone ring. I went downstairs to listen. As I arrived in the living room, my mom and dad looked worried. What happened? I wondered. My dad motioned me to go upstairs, and I did, but I was still listening. I heard what happened and it was devastating. I even heard Mayra scream and her voice. She sounded so scared that I want to find her and rescue her. After the phone call I went to my room and texted Adriana. She needs to know what happened.

Adriana's POV

I just got home from work and I received a message from Ruben jr.

Ruben jr. hey Adriana, it's me Ruben. We have some news about Mayra and she's been kidnapped. The kidnapper called us and is holding Mayra for ransom. They wanted us to keep it low key. Let Miguel know too. Btw, don't call the cops. My dad is already taking care of it.

I gasped. Oh Mayra! What have you gotten yourself into girl? I quickly replied to Ruben saying thanks for letting me know. I then texted Miguel.

Me: hey Miguel! I got some news about Mayra
Miguel: hey, what happened? Is she okay??!!
Me: I need you to not freak out and to not call the police. Ruben jr. texted me what happened and I need you to control yourself. Is that understood?
Miguel: alright, what happened?
Me: Mayra's been kidnapped. She's being held for ransom.
Miguel: WHAT?! Are you serious?!
Me: yes! I'm dead serious. Ruben texted me what happened and he asked me not to call the cops. So I'm telling you right now for the family's sake not to call the cops or anyone.
Miguel: oh my God! Do you know anything else?
Me: that's it for now.
Miguel: okay, I'm going to check on the family because that's what good boyfriends do and they're like a family to me. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.
Me: thanks Miguel. Be careful

I do hope she's alright. Where are you bestie?

Miguel's POV

I'm full of emotions right now. I honestly don't know how to react. I'm sad because the love of my life is gone, and I don't know if I'll find her. I'm furious at the kidnappers who took her. I'm scared of what's going to happen. They better not hurt my precious baby. She doesn't deserve to be held hostage. What could she be doing right now? Is she scared? I bet! Is she mad? Probably.
I grab my car keys and drove off to visit Mayra's family. I'm sure they're devastated by now.
I arrived at their home and mrs. Dominguez opened the door sobbing. I gave her a big hug when I walked inside.
"I'm so sorry." I said.
I saw officer Dominguez coming in. He looked tired and furious.
"Thanks for coming Miguel." He said.
"No problem. Is there anything I can do for now?" I asked.
Officer and mrs. Dominguez looked at each other for a moment, and looked at me, saying for now no.
I really wanted to help. She's my girlfriend and I would do anything to help find her. The officer looked at me and asked, "maybe there is something you can do. Can you go to the mall and check if her car is still there? Maybe we can find some clues."
I nodded. "Yes of course!"
I went out to my car and drove to the mall. As I looked around, I couldn't find anything. But then I remembered that I didn't check the underground parking lot. I drove down and started looking. She has a 2013 silver Chevy Cruze. As I was driving I saw it and I made sure that it was the right one. She has a Starbucks sticker on the back and a fancy heart. I parked my car near her car and started investigating. As I looked around, I saw her car keys on the ground. Not only that but I saw tire marks going towards the exit. I finally found something! I called Officer Dominguez to come over and a couple minutes later he came by, parked his car and looked around.
"I found her car keys on the floor and these tire marks." I said.
He looked surprised, "well done Miguel. I'll call my partner and have him take a look. In the mean time go back home and get some rest. I might be needing your help for tomorrow."
"Thank you sir." I replied.
I went back to my car and drove home. "I'm getting close baby girl!" I said to myself.