Chapter 23: Saving Mayra

Ruben jr.'s POV:

I was getting ready for school. My dad walked into my room and asked me if I was ready to go. I said yes and we left. On my way to school, he told me that tonight he's going to save Mayra. I was excited. I want my sister back so badly.
"Now when you get home, make sure you do your homework, help Mom out with dinner and always listen to her." He ordered.
"Yes papa!" I said. "What time will you be home?" I asked.
"I'll be home later tonight."
I nodded. "Please be careful dad, I want my sister back." He said.
He hugged me. "Don't worry son. I'll get her back. Have a good day at school!" He said.
"Okay, Bye!" I said.

Ruben sr.'s POV

After I dropped off my son, I went to work. Today's the day we get Mayra back. I went to my office and I recruited some officers to come with me. I saw Detective Richter come in with a map. He showed us where this old shed was located and how it's surrounded with fields of grass and some bushes/trees. We decided to have officers hide behind the bushes and for me to bring the bag with money, knock on the door and make a signal for the officers to surround the place, armed and arrest the kidnappers. It was perfect.
"What time are we leaving?" I asked.
Detective Richter pondered for a moment. "I'd say 7pm. It's not as dark but it's not as bright." He said.
"Alright, lets do this!" I Screamed.

Mayra's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about David's story yesterday. Poor guy. I really do feel for him. This is exactly why I want to become a counselor for kids like him. He needs help, but how could I help him? The hike he took me was beautiful. "Lovers leap" now that I know where that is I can take a stroll there whenever I want to.
David finally woke up, (yes I slept with him. He insisted and I know I'm so bad especially knowing I have a Boyfriend.)
"Good morning beautiful!" He said.
"Good morning." I said. "How'd you sleep?"
"I slept real good. That hike we did was what I needed." He said.
"Hehe, mine too." I said.
"Look, I'm so sorry for telling you about my life yesterday. But I had to let it all out." He said
"No worries. I get it. That's something that I want to help with."
He looked confused. "Haha, I mean people and kids like you, I want to help them. I want to study to be a counselor for kids who are going through what you're going through. I like helping others and I want them to have a better life."
He leaned over me, and said, " when I stayed at your house I might've snuck into your room. I saw a lot of pics of you and your boyfriend. You seemed so happy. I also saw pics of you and your bestie. Don't get mad, but I saw your journal and I only read the last page."
I was kinda freaking out! Why did he go through my journal?! I'm gonna Kill him.
"Wait wait! Don't freak out, I only read the last page you wrote. It talked about how you wanted to be a good role model to the kids and how you want to help them. It really touched me. I wish I had someone who was like that for me."
I didn't know what to say. All I could think of is why he went in my room and read my last journal entry. He pulled up a picture from his jacket and it had a quote, the quote that talked about doing harder right than easy wrong.
"This quote taught me so much. This Kidnapping experience was not what I expected." He said. You're telling me.
"And all I could say is that"
"GOOD MORNING!!" yelled Daniel.
David and I looked at each other and he got up right away.
"Well well, aren't you guys looking comfortable." Daniel said. I looked at David and he looked annoyed.
"Ah Danny boy, what is it?" He asked.
"Nothing, Chris and I wanted to make sure you guys are up. What's the plan for today?"
I looked at David, and he also looked at me. He looked at Daniel.
"I was planning on seeing my dad, but that can wait til Friday. What do you guys want to do?" He asked. Chris came in and said, "well, the girl hasn't been shopping for awhile, and she needs to change her clothes and shower."
I really do need a shower. I've been here for quite awhile without changing and showering. I feel gross and embarrassed. David nodded. "Okay, we'll go shopping for clothes and hygiene and we'll find a shower." He said smiling at me.
Daniel was excited. "Yay we get to go shopping!"
David laughed. "Okay, lets go!"

7 hours later

Alicia's POV:

My husband called me and explained what will be happening. I was kinda nervous because what if they didn't catch her.
"Honey it'll be fine. We'll find her and save her." He assured me.
"Okay, just be careful. I'll take care of Junior." I said.
"Okay, I love you honey. I promise I'll bring her back safe and sound." He said.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too!" He said and he hung up.

Ruben sr.'s POV

I finished talking with Alicia, grabbed my crew and the detective, and left to Custer Park. Don't worry Mayra! I'll save you.