Chapter 8: Mayra is Missing

Miguel's POV

It had been over an hour since Mayra texted me. What could be taking her so long? I'm calling her.
Calls Mayra: hey this is Mayra Dominguez. I'm so sorry I missed your call but please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Have a great day!
Damn it! I'm getting a little frustrated. Maybe I can text Adriana. Maybe she knows where she's at.

Me: hey Adriana!
Adriana: hey Miguel. What's up?
Me: have you heard from Mayra yet?
Adriana: isn't she with you? And no, I haven't heard from her.
Me: if she was with me, would I be texting you?!
Me: I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated. I haven't seen her since last night and it's been so long since I spent time with her. :(
Adriana: that's okay, I understand. I'll try texting her and calling her. If not, I'll stop by at her house and see what's going on.
Me: Ok, let me know. I'll drive around the mall and check it out.

I really hope nothing bad happened to her. I get in the car, and drive to the mall. I then got out and went inside to Starbucks. When I got there I saw Leonard.
"Hey Miguel! What's happening?" He asked.
"Hey Leonard, have you seen Mayra?"
"Uh... no I haven't seen her. I thought she left to go see you."
I sighed, "yeah, she texted me saying she was on her way from work, but it has been 2 1/2 hours. Do you have any clue where she might be?"
Leonard shrugged. "She told me she was going to see you afterwards. Did you try looking for her at home?"
I shook my head. "I'll stop by at her place. Where could she be?"
I left the mall and went to drive around to see anything she left. About 30 min later, I couldn't find anything. I was giving up. Maybe she's at my house already. I drove back home and I didn't see her car. I looked at my phone and I saw 3 messages from Adriana.

Adriana: hey Miguel are you there?
Adriana: hey, I went to Mayra's house, but her parents weren't there, neither was she. Her brother Ruben was but he hasn't seen her.
Adriana: I talked to her parents and they're looking for her right now. Have you heard anything?

I sighed, my poor baby girl! Where are you?!

Me: I checked with Leonard and he hasn't seen her either. I drove around the parking lot and I couldn't find anything. :( what to we do?!

I'm panicking! What if something did happen to her? What if she was on her way and someone took her? I can't have these thoughts in my head. Think positive Miguel! It'll be alright.

Adriana: we'll wait until we hear more from her parents. I'm sure she's fine. She's a tough girl.

Adriana's right. Mayra is a tough girl; she can handle all things. All I can do is wait and hear from her family. I hope she's doing okay.

A/N: the pics on top are Miguel and Adriana. Will they find Mayra? What about her family, what will they do?