Chapter 3: Work Time

Mayra's POV

School bell rings
Ugh! Finally school ended. I'm starting my free period. But unfortunately I have to work now. I texted Ruben asking him if he needed a ride back home. He texted back saying that he's going to his friends house to play video games. Then, I drove off to my work. I work at Starbucks at the mall. It's an okay job. I do get paid well though so I shouldn't complain. I work okay with my co workers. The only co worker I get along with is Leonard. The rest I don't care so much.
I arrived at work and I put on my apron and hat on. When I got there I saw Vicky (the manager)
"Hey Vicky, how's it going?" I asked.
"Ooh, super busy. But I'm glad you came now. Hey can you clean up and organize that shelf with coffee bags?"
I rolled my eyes. She always does this. "Sure." I replied.
She always organizes and makes a mess and asks me and the rest of my co workers to clean up after her. She also takes breaks whenever she wants to, mostly when me or Leonard are busy making coffee for the customers. Yeah she's the manager and all but she has to do her part too.
I finally finished cleaning up, and took some orders.
"Hey Mayra, Leonard and Grace will be coming so can you make sure that they do what they need to do?" Vicky asked.
"Yes I'll make sure they get things done." I said.
I saw Leonard come and he put on his hat and apron.
"Hey guys, how's it going?" Leonard asked.
Before I said hey, Vicky piped up
"Hey Leo! I'm so glad that you're here. Listen Grace is coming and just make sure that she takes out the trash and give away some samples."
"Sure thing Vicky." He said trying to be happy.
"Okay, thanks and I'm leaving to go pick up my daughter so, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" She said.
"Okay bye Vicky!" We yelled. She finally left.
Leonard smirks, "I hate it when she calls me Leo. I cringe every time I hear that."
I chuckled, "that's okay, at least she doesn't call you Elmyra from the Looney tunes show." I said.
We both laughed. It got super busy. Grace finally showed up, I can't stand her. She's so obsessed with One direction and she tells me that Niall is hers. (I love that guy, but every time I mention him, she gives me the stare of doom.)
"Hey Grace, Vicky wanted you to make some samples to give to the customers here at the mall." I said.
"The customers in the whole mall?! My feet are killing me and you know how much I hate talking to people." She complained. She gets in my nerves.
"Don't argue Grace, just do it." Leonard said. She rolled her eyes and I made the peppermint mocha frappe for samples. She walked out with 2 trays of them and it was just me and Leonard. Some customers were coming by and then things got a little crazy.