Chapter 46: The Break Up

Mayra's POV

I finally made my decision. I decided to go after David instead of Miguel. I decided to meet up with him tomorrow at the mall. So I messaged him.

Me: hey baby!
Miguel: hey sweetie! How's my lovely fiancé doing?
I cringed at his message.
Me: I'm fine, hey can we meet up for lunch tomorrow?
Miguel: sure! Where do you want to meet?
Me: how about at the mall, at Deckers burgers?
Miguel: sounds good to me.
Me: okay, sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow.
Miguel: I'll see you tomorrow baby! I love you.
Me: love you too.

The next day

I finally went to the mall and waited for Miguel to come. I saw him coming and he gave me a hug.
"Ready to eat?" He asked.
I nodded. We both ordered our burgers and fries and went to go eat at the food court.
"Thanks for coming to meet with me Miguel." I said.
"Anything for my fiancé." He said.
Ugh, this is going to be a lot harder than I thought.
"So, hehe um... I don't know where to begin." I said.
"Is everything okay?" He asked me.
"Well, I'll be honest, not really." I said.
His face went from happy to concern. "What's going on?" He asked.
I sighed. "Do you remember when we first met?" I asked.
He nodded. "Duh! Why wouldn't I!" He said.
"Do you remember that I asked you why you picked me?" I asked.
"Yeah, and I told you why."
"I'm just going to go straight to the point. Miguel, we've known each other for a long time, and we've been dating for like over a year. I just want to thank you for being there for me when I needed it and for always comforting me and going on dates with me. But I can't marry you." I said as I was giving him back the ring.
I saw his eyes, he looked sad and disappointed.
"I don't understand, I... why don't you want to marry me?"
"Miguel, I'm just not ready. I'm still in high school I haven't even started college yet."
"Baby, Mayra, we can still work this out. It's okay, if you're not ready, we can wait—"
"I'm sorry but we can't work it out anymore."
His face went from concern to confusion.
"Wait, what are you saying?" He asked.
"I'm saying we should take a break."
"You're dumping me?"
I nodded.
He let out a big sigh. "Okay let's get something straight here okay you do not dump me!" He Yelled.
"Sorry Miguel, I just did. I really am sorry, truly." I said.
I got up, threw away my food and walked out. Now I got to find David and tell him what I wanted to tell him. Before I went to my car, I saw Daniel with a girl. Is he dating? I have to ask him about David and ask him for his number.
"Daniel!"
"Mayra? Oh my God Mayra! How are you?" He asked while he ran up to me and gave me hug.
"I'm well and you?"
"I'm good. Wow it's so good to see you!" He said with a smile.
"It's good to see you too. Listen I need a favor. Do you know where I could find David?"
"David? He's leaving tonight."
"Where?" I asked.
"He's leaving to San Diego. He got accepted to a university over there."
I was shocked! I'm so glad he got accepted. He's getting his life together. "Do you know what time he's leaving?"
"He said his flight leaves at 6:30 tonight, he'll probably be there around 4:20-4:30." I looked at the time and it said 2:53. Crap! I got to go home and get ready.
"Okay Thanks so much. Daniel, can I get your number?" I asked.
He blushed.
"Sure baby cakes. Here's my number." I giggled and gave him my number.
"If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to go see David?" He asked.
I just smiled at him.
He gasps. "Oh my gosh! I know exactly why! Oh my gosh! He's going to be so happy."
I laughed. For once he actually does know why.
"Okay I have to get Home, but thanks so much Daniel!" I said as I was going to my car.
"Good luck Mayra!" He Yelled.
I drove home and got ready.

David's POV

I arrived at the airport and bought my ticket. I checked in and put my luggage on the weight detector. Then the lady gave me the ticket, "enjoy your flight."
"Thanks." I responded. I grabbed my carry on and went to the security check line. It was such a long line. I'm kinda glad I came a little early. As I was waiting I heard someone calling my name. I looked around and couldn't see anyone until I saw wait... is that Mayra? That can't be. As she walks closer it was her. What is she doing here?
"David! Oh thank goodness you're still here." She said panting. Was she running?
"Mayra, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Miguel and planning your wedding?"
I looked down. "You heard about that?" I asked.
He nodded. The person behind him yelled at him.
"Hey buddy you're up soon let's go." He said.
"Calm yourself, I'm moving!" He Yelled.
"Listen Mayra, I have to get going. I have to go to San Diego for college. I'll be back on Monday." He said.
"Wait before you leave I have something to tell you."
The officer told him to come forward. "I'm sorry Mayra, I have to go. Take care of yourself." He said.
"Wait David! I need to—"
"It'll be alright. Good luck." He said as he left. Damn it! I still didn't get to tell him. Looks like I'm going to have to wait until he gets home. I then left to my car and drove home. Then my phone rang, it was Daniel.

Me: hey Danny
Daniel: hey Mayra! Did you talk to David?
Me: i barely did. I didn't get the chance to tell him.
Daniel: Aww, I'm so sorry Mayra. I'll message him.
Me: no, don't worry about it. I want to tell him when he gets back. He says he gets back on Monday.
Daniel: maybe you should tell him then.
Me: don't worry, I will. I have a plan... I'm going to need you and Chris's help.