Chapter 31: Interviewed by Detective Richter

Mayra's POV

I woke up the next day. I looked at my phone (yes I got my phone back from David before he was arrested. An officer checked his pockets and gave it to my dad to give to me.)
When I looked at my phone it was 11:00am! Oh my goodness I've never slept that late! I quickly got up and went downstairs for breakfast. I saw my family at the table halfway done eating their breakfasts.
"Good morning sunshine!" My dad called.
"Good morning." I answered.
"Honey I made some waffles, eggs and hash browns. Would you like some?" My Mom offered.
"Yes please." I said.
"How'd you sleep?" Junior asked.
"I slept really well. Thanks." I said. I sat down and ate my breakfast.
"Mmm.. Mom I missed your food." I said.
She laughed. "I'm glad you did, we missed you so much."
"So Mayra, later tonight Detective Richter is going to come over and ask you some questions. I'll be with you to make sure that you'll be okay."
I nodded. I really don't want to talk to the detective. I just want to see David and bail him out.
When I finished eating, I went upstairs and showered.

Later that night...

Once I was done getting ready, my dad called me to come to the living room. I went downstairs and I saw a man wearing a black trench coat and a suit and tie.
"Hello Mayra, I'm Detective Richter." He said with his hand out. I shook his hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you." I said.
"You as well." He said.
We all sat down, "So Mayra, I'm going to ask you some questions about what has happened. If you don't remember completely what happened, that's fine. Just remember I'm here to help you and your dad also."
I nodded.
"And also if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them."
"Got it." I said.
"Good. So, can you remember what had happened in the past week and a half?"
"Do you mean to start from the beginning and then on?" I asked.
"Yes." He answered.
I thought and thought. "I remembered them coming to Starbucks, and I remembered Daniel talking to me. He wanted to know about my family, I gave him information, thinking it was harmless. That was when he asked me what time I'd get off the next day. I told him after 2pm and he told me that he'd be there. But he didn't show up until I was walking to my car and then they followed me and kidnapped me."
The detective was writing things down and asked me what had happened. I really don't want to tell him, all I could think of for the moment was me being tied up, gagged and blindfolded.
"I mostly was at the shed tied up, blindfolded and gagged." I explained.
"Did the kidnappers do anything to you?" Detective Richter asked.
"No, they didn't hurt me. They just kept me tied up. They would take the tape off my mouth and feed me and give me water. But that was it."
The detective looked concerned. "Did they ever threaten you in any way?" He asked.
"Just a few times. They'd make sure that I stay quiet at all times whenever they would take the tape off."
"Or what?"
Oh my goodness. This detective is kinda getting on my nerves.
"Or they'd hurt me. Same thing whenever they'd make a call to my parents I have to stay quiet or I'd get hurt."
"And did they?" He asked.
Before I could answer my dad answered, "yes, our first call I heard a scream by her."
"Did you scream Mayra?" He asked.
I tried to remember when I screamed, but then I did remember.
"They asked me to scream because you didn't listen dad. They pretended to load the pistol on my temple and I screamed." I said.
They both looked at me with puzzled looking faces.
"What do you mean they pretended to load the gun to your temple?" The detective asked.
I'm getting really frustrated. Did they not just heard of what I had said?
"My dad was yelling at David during the phone call and he wouldn't listen so David ordered the boys to pretend they were loading the gun to my head so that I could scream in order to get my dad to listen." I explained.
My dad rolled his eyes. "I think they hurt you. Look at your wrists Mayra! They have rope burns. They must've hurt you." My dad said.
"I know my wrists look bad dad, you don't have to point them out. What I'm saying is true. They never hurt me, they didn't even lay a finger on me." I said feeling a bit frustrated.
"Honey you need to calm down." My dad said.
"Actually we can continue this tomorrow if you'd like." The detective said. "I need to speak with you anyways."
"Okay just let me speak with my daughter and I'll be with you in a moment." My dad said.
I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs to my room. My dad followed me.
"Hey what's going on?" He asked.
"Nothing, I'm here telling you guys what happened and you guys won't listen to me." I yelled.
He looked concerned.
"Honey, we are listening to you. But I heard you scream during our phone call that meant that they might've hurt you."
"Dad, I promise you they didn't hurt me. If they did, I would've told you." I Exclaimed.
"We just want to help you Mayra. I care about you and your safety." He said.
"I don't need your help dad! I've told you none of my kidnappers hurt me. They didn't do anything to me." I shouted.
"DON'T START MAYRA!!"
"NO Dad! You wanted me to be honest and open and I am but I guess right now it doesn't matter!!"
There was a pause.
"Okay, I'm going to talk to the detective. We will continue this discussion later." He demanded. He then shuts the door and here I am frustrated and pissed off. I'm telling them the truth! Chris did put a gun on my temple and pretended to load it. I did freak out because at the time I didn't know until Daniel told me. Ugh!! I just want to be alone, go to Lovers Leap with David. I miss him a lot. I can't let Miguel or my dad know. Not even my best friend or my mom. I always tell my mom everything but the thing is she'll judge me and she'll tell dad. I honestly don't know what to do.