Chapter 8

Everyone's afraid to say it

Everyone's afraid to say it. So, let me be the first. There is a serial killer amongst us. San Francisco had the Zodiac, New Orleans had the Axeman, Texarkana, Texas, had the Phantom Killer. The list goes on and on. Add to their ranks Riverdale's very own psychopath, the Black Hood.
.
.
.
Jughead and I walked around the isles of the library, searching for the books we needed, after successfully finding them we walked up to the receptionist.

The books slammed into the desk as the woman started to check them out. "These research for school?" She asked, her voice was soft and gentle.

"Research." I spoke up, a soft smile playing on my lips as Jughead spoke up "Not for school."

She shook her head gently and sighed "it's terrible what's going on in this town."

"Who would've thunk it?" Jughead spoke as I crossed my arms "A serial killer in Riverdale."

"I'm not just talking about him." The woman said as she looked up at us, I tilted my head slightly "What do you mean?" I asked slightly confused.

"I'm also talking about that awful video, those boys put up." She explained.

Jughead and I shared a look of confusion.

There it was. Terror was sleeping into the bedrock of Riverdale. A town hall meeting had been set by mayor McCoy. People were afraid to walk the streets alone, especially as dusk approached. Shops closed early, locks were added to doors. Suspicion between the North and South side deepened...fanned into flames by Alice Cooper. As everyone wondered what danger lurked in the dark.....when we would hear from the Black Hood next...or when Juliet would get her next phone call...and how far into darkness would Archie go on his quest to avenge his father...and to stop the Black Hood.
.
.
.
"Hey, Cooper, look at this!" Sweet Pea spoke as he patted the chair next to him, I sat down and looked at him "what am I supposed to be looking at, Pea?" I asked as he turned his computer towards me, it was a video of Archie, something about him starting a group called the 'Red circle'

"Guess we're not watching funny cat videos." I heard my boyfriend ask as he walked over to us, I looked up and smiled at him as I heard Toni trying not to laugh at the video.

"And we will find you." The video ended as I shook my head. "Check this out." Sweet Pea spoke as he turned the computer to face Jughead. "Some sick-in-the-head Northsider posted a crazy ass video, and we were just talking."

"About what?" Jughead asked as I looked over at Toni who shrugged, both of us not having listened to Serpents conversation.