Chapter 41

~

~

"Hiram's tearing down Southside High by the end of this week!?" Jughead exclaimed as he held the piece of paper in his hands. I looked over at Archie, feeling bad that he had to tell us the news, probably Hiram making him.

"He's supposed to give the neighborhood a six-weeks' notice." I said, taking the paper from Jughead and scanned over it, biting my lip.

"Yeah." Jughead nodded in my direction "He should have given us a Six-weeks' notice." Jughead's expression turned into the one of anger "who'd he pay off? Can I have another water please, pop." He looked up at Pop Tate and handed him the empty glass "Thank you."

Pop's walked away from us again, I sighed and rested my head against my hand, almost falling asleep. "Jug, my dad got shot right here in Pop's because Riverdale was sliding off the deep end and if Mr. Lodge's plan can shore things up and help make Riverdale more secure for our families, I think that's a good thing. Besides, why do you care so much?" Archie asked. "You were only at Southside High for like four days."

I lifted my head up and glared at Archie "Um, I was there for a month, plus haven't you forgotten that Jug and I were raised on the Southside, well before I was put up for adoption that is."

Jughead nodded "that's right, my mom, My dad, Jellybean." I placed my hand over his under the table, for comfort "That neighborhood is the least tangible piece I have of them, until your dad comes in with his bulldozers."

"I'm sure Fred doesn't want to do this."
I spoke up, Fred was a loving and kind man, he wouldn't do this.

"She's right, my dad's actually against this whole thing." Archie responded "He's pulling out of his deal with the Lodges."

"And you're choosing Hiram's side over his." I scoffed, crossing my arms. "Now that's low."

"We see things differently okay?" Archie looked over at me "and it makes me sick."

"Kinda like when you and your best friend are two trains running on the same track in opposite directions, destined to collide?" Jughead stated.

"I've have to go." I suddenly spoke up, looking down at my phone, it was Nana Rose, she's hurt.
.
.
.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered as I hugged Cheryl "I should have been there with you."

"It's okay. Juliekins." Cheryl responded as she sat back down on the hospital chair, looking over at Rose, who didn't look so good. "Nobody could have prevented this." She paused for a few seconds "I think my Mother and Claudius did this."