Chapter 37

~

~

Since I was adopted by the Coopers,
I had no interest in going to this will reading. Instead I went to meet my boyfriend at Pop's, so we could ask Pop Tate some questions.

Jughead and I sat side by side, a notebook was placed in the middle of us, while I tapped a pen on the table, making a tapping noise. "The usual, Jughead, Juliet?" Pop Tate asked as he walked over to us.

"No today, Pop." Jughead spoke up before I could, I was actually going to order a tea but I'll wait. "We actually have a question for ya."

"Pop." I spoke up, while sneaking a quick glance at Juggy "Did Hiram Lodge buy this diner from you?"

He didn't say anything for a few seconds before sitting down in front of us, Jughead took the pen from my hand and pushed the notepad in front of himself, getting ready to write anything useful down.

"Juliet, Jughead." Pop Tate started "the Tates have owned this diner for over 80 years. When my Ma gave me the keys, she made me promise that no matter what, I'd always keep this shop in our family." I looked down towards the table, already feeling depressed by his story "I did what I needed to with Mr. Lodge but my mother's still with us, God bless, It would kill her to hear I went against her wishes. Please guys, can you keep this to yourselves?" He paused slightly "While I still have my mom?" Pop sighed "And then you can tell whoever you want."

"Okay." I spoke up while lifting my gaze to meet Pop's "I'll keep this to myself, and I'm glad your mothers okay and still going."

"Thanks, Julie." Pop's chuckled "Now I can see you are desperately craving a cup of my finest tea right now."

"Yes." I nodded, Pop smiled and walked away from us again, I turned to look at Jughead. "We can't publish this, we can't make his life difficult just because of this Hiram situation."

"Fine." Jughead nodded, smiling at me. I cupped his cheek and quickly pressed my lips against his before pulling back "God, I love you." He muttered, looking at the features detailing my face.

"Don't go all cheesy on me, Jones" I smirked, tapping his cheek lightly with my hand before moving it back onto the table "But I love you, too."
.
.
.
.
I walked down the stairs, wrapping my leather jacket tighter around me as it was slightly cold inside the Copper residence. "Mom, can I go and see Jennifer, it's been awhile." I asked Alice who was standing in the kitchen.

"Of course, Dear." She smiled "make sure she feeds you, I don't need you starving."

"I will." I chuckled before walking over to the dining table where Chic, Betty and Polly were seated "Im going out, so i will see you all later

"Where are you going?" Chic asked quickly, his face turning slightly paranoid as his hand reached out and took hold of my wrist, tightly.

I gazed at Betty who was already glaring in Chic's direction before her gaze met mine, I knew she wasn't impressed with Chic. I looked back at our brother and smiled "To see Jen" I replied.