Chapter 50

~

~

"When you walk through a storm." Cheryl and Juliet began to sing, Juliet held a single white rose in her hand, the other holding Cheryl's as they stared at the coffin, the coffin that Midge Klump was laying in. That alone terrified her, the thought that she too could have been laying in a coffin but no, Black Hood spared her life for some unknown reason.

"Hold your head up high." A lone tear fell down Juliet's cheek, her heart shattering for the young girl who didn't get to live her life to its fullest, Midge had so much to live for, a future that was shining bright for her. "And don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm. There's a golden sky. And the sweet silver song of the lark."

The angel of death had once more come to Riverdale. Midge Klump's gruesome murder had gutted the entire town. And in grief, brought us together."
.
.
.
"You were shooting a documentary?" Sheriff Keller asked, looking at Jughead who sat in front of him.

"Yeah." Jughead responded "It was more of a behind-the-scenes sort of thing." He then leaned forward in the chair "Look, Sheriff, you have my footage, okay? All of it's right there. Everything was completely fine until those letters started to show up, threats to recast Cheryl."

"Wait, letters? What letters?" Keller asked in confusion.
.
.
"I was jealous, okay?" Ethel sobbed as she stared at the letters "Cheryl always gets everything she wants. But I wasn't gonna hurt anybody, I just wanted the part."
.
.
"Moose, do you remember the last thing you said to midge?" Keller asked, looking at the young boy who was holding a picture of the late Midge Klump.

"I don't remember exactly. Uh." Moose started to speak "She was—she was my girlfriend. We said a lot of things, probably it was something casual or...just—just stupid."
.
.
"What happened that night, Juliet?" Keller asked as he looked over at the young redhead who sat before him, the side of her forehead had stitches covering the cut she had revived from that terrible night. Her cheek had a small black and blue bruise that didn't seem to fade away just quiet yet.

"I-I don't remember much from that night." Juliet confessed as she played with the ends of her hair "I went to help Midge get ready since she was nervous. One minute we're laughing and he next I was falling to the floor."

"Did you see anything before that, Did you see who could have hurt you?" Keller asked, the young redhead didn't know what to say. The visual of Midge's lifeless eyes staring down at her still haunted her dreams at night.

"To answer your question, yes I did see someone." Juliet answered as Keller's face turned to the one of surprise as he gestured for her to continue "A Masked figure, just like Black Hood. And Sheriff? I'm beginning to think we didn't kill the real Black Hood that night on the bridge." Juliet stood up and walked out of the interrogation room.
.
.
"Can I ask you a question?" Archie asked, a worried look covering his face. "Sure." Keller responded.