Chapter 48

~

~

Juliet stood in front of her mothers home, the feeling of worry flooding through her veins as she hesitantly twisted the handle and pushed open the front door, the creaking sound it made making her cringe as she closed it behind her gently.

"Anyone home?" She called out. before she could even respond a familiar red haired boy stumbled down the stairs and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "Jerome!" Juliet laughed as she hugged him back. "When did you get back?"

"Today." He responded as he pulled away, running his fingers through his hair before a smirk appeared on his face "Jen's been speaking about going to see you preform in Carrie: The musical."

"Oh." Juliet bit her lip as she crossed her arms "She didn't even remember I was in it yesterday."

"She's got a lot on her mind, Julie." Jerome smiled as he placed his hand on her shoulder "Being a Lodge isn't exactly easy, nor fun for her."

Jerome did have a point, one that made Juliet feel bad for walking away from Jen when she had visited yesterday. "Fine, and I also expect you to show up, to support Betty and I."

"Who do you and Betty play in the musical?" He asked as he walked over to the kitchen with Juliet following him, he took two cups out of the cupboard and placed them onto the counter before clicking on the kettle.

"Sue and Lily Snell." Juliet replied as she watched Jerome make her a cup of tea, a grin appearing on her face as he furrowed his brows as he searched for the tea-bags.

Juliet walked over and stood on her tip-toes as she opened one of the cupboards and pulled out the box of tea-bags from the top shelf, she placed them onto the counter before shutting the cupboard, turning to face Jerome.

He only gave her a sarcastic smile before grabbing two tea-bags and placing one into both cups. "I'll be there." He said, nudging her gently.

"You better." Juliet smiled widely.
.
.
.
Juliet and Jughead stood in front of Kevin who looked agitated and nervous "Guys, the sandbag was an accident, and the letter was a prank, right?" He questioned.

"Seems like it." Jughead replied as he held the camera in front of him, recording what was currently happening.

Juliet nodded her head, her arms crossed as she stared at Kevin, a worried smile playing on her lips.

"That's what I thought." Kevin replied, looking back and forth between the two lovers "But I found this in my locker." He opened up a piece of folded paper, what was written on it with cut out magazines letters made Juliet's eyes widen in shock.

"Is that another letter from this new wannabe Black Hood?" Juliet questioned, Kevin nodded his head making her inhale sharply.

"This is your last warning to replace Cheryl. Next time, the sandbag won't miss." Jughead read out what was on the letter, just hearing those words made Juliet's blood run cold, she absolutely hated this.

"Holy-shit, you have to replace her." Juliet threw her arms up in frustration before dropping them to her sides, not realizing that Kevin had already left to find Cheryl "This is going to crush her, she's been waiting for a moment like this since we were kids. A chance to prove herself to everyone—"

Juliet was cut off from her rant by Jughead who gently placed his lips on hers, in a beautiful way of telling her to 'Shut the fuck up' Before pulling away again, a small smile placed on his lips as she took a deep breath in before letting it out again. "Calm down, Julie, Cheryl's a big girl, she can handle this."

"I know." Juliet muttered as she looked around for Kevin, Jughead noticed as he pulled her to sit down on a chair, him taking a seat on the one next to her.

"He's gone to find Cheryl, tell her the bad news." Jughead responded. Juliet only nodded, feeling bad for her best friend.
.
.
.
"Due to some circumstances, Cheryl will no longer be playing Carrie White." Kevin spoke up, Juliet giggled to herself as Fangs put his hand on Kevin's shoulder only for Kevin to push it away.

"What?" The others gasped, except for Ethel who was smiling to herself, that alone made Juliet feel anger bubbling up inside of her.

"Let's just say, Penelope Blossom isn't much of a stage mom." Kevin replied, I looked over at Veronica and Betty, the two had officially made up yesterday, the same time Archie and I sang Tommy and Sue's love Ballard.

Kevin leaned towards Toni and whispered "I think Cheryl's by the gym bleachers." The girl smiled and nodded before running out of the room. "In the mean time, Cheryl's understudy will assume that role." Kevin continued as Ethel's face turned to the one of shock.

"Understudy?" She asked, looking at him in disbelief.

"I appointed one after the sandbag incident." Everyone looked at each other, Juliet was silently praying that it wouldn't be Ethel. "Midge Klump." Kevin clapped as Juliet smiled towards the girl who looked happy.

"Congrats, M!" Juliet exclaimed as she clapped her hands like everyone else.

"Thanks, Julie." Midge replied with a wide smile.
.
.
.
Juliet sat next to Betty and Jughead, Alice and Midge were on stage as they were about to preform their song together.

Alice ran over to Midge "Stay here instead, just tell me what you'd like to do." She sang, holding onto Midges arm before walking around her. Midge turning to look at Alice one again "We'll talk and we'll laugh. And I'll sing to you."

She reached forward and took Midges hand in hers "And I promise you, we won't fight. Don't leave tonight." They both turned in a circle holding each other's hand, serious looks on their faces. "You don't know these people. They're not your friends." Alice pulled her hand away as she walked past Midge. "Carrie." Alice sang "They're only waiting to break you in two."

Midge walked over to her "What if they like me?" She asked.

"Just like your father. They'll leave when they're through." Alice sang, Juliet turned her head to see Betty looking at her mom with tears in her eyes, why are all these songs so perfect for how they all actually feel?

"They might like me. They'll like me." Midge said with more determination lacing her voice.

"You're such a fool." Alice replied back sharply as she turned to face Midge. Everyone seemed shocked at the outburst, or her shockingly good acting. "Aren't you aware how people deceive?" Alice sang as she walked past Midge. "They'll take you and break you and then they will leave you."

Alice walked to center stage "Carrie, Carrie." She sang out in a soothing voice "Carrie, you are the love I was betrayed for, my pride and my shame." Alice's eyes locked onto Betty's "My Betty." Betty's hand reached over to take my hand, I squeezed it for comfort "We're one and the same." She slowly went down onto her knees, still looking at Betty.

"Don't go." She sang with tears in her eyes "don't go." She pleaded "Don't go." The song finished as Alice had tears falling down her cheeks.

"Mom." Betty said, leaning forward in the chair. Juliet lifted her free hand and wiped the tears from her eyes, she was an emotional person.

"Don't leave me, Betty, Don't leave me like all the other did." Alice pleaded before he eyes locked onto Juliet's "Juliet, I need you too." She sobbed before she ran from the stage.

Authors Note,
Hopefully I'll write more tomorrow since I've been studying a lot for my GCSE's.
~Robyn