Chapter 16

After that extremely awkward Lunch, I left to help Toni out at the White Wyrm

After that extremely awkward Lunch, I left to help Toni out at the White Wyrm. Well more like I was sitting on a stool and sipping on my drink while Toni spoke.

A few hours later Betty walked in, a smile gracing her face as she ignored the glares and confused looks of the serpents.

"Hey, toni, Julie." She smiled sitting next to me, I nod my head at her in greeting as I sipped my drink, Betty looked towards the stage and back at Toni "you have a stage, would you be open to me bringing in a karaoke machine?"

"For FP's retirement?" Toni questioned "Sure, why not."

"Also." Betty started "Toni, Juliet, one of the reasons I really wanted to talk to you both, beyond the party planning is....I've been walking the razor's edge since Jughead and Juliet jointed the serpents." I raised my brow, already knowing what she was hinting "and all I've been thinking is as soon as FP gets home, everything will get better, because hopefully he'll be there to protect, Jughead and Juliet and also make sure they don't get hurt."

"Betty." I sighed as she looked at me, Toni decided to speak up before I could. "Yeah, I'm following you, I mean, with FP out of the picture–"

"But that's my whole point." Betty paused "I do worry, so, I wanna keep an eye on them both myself." She sighed "make sure that as deep into these snake-infested waters as they go, they don't do something that, you know, puts them both in danger."

"So." I spoke up as Betty turned to look at me, finally noticing that I was here again "you wanna be a serpent?" I questioned as she smiled but shook her head.

"Let's say Serpent-adjacent." Betty spoke carefully as I raised my brow with a slight smirk "but yeah, a part of your world, Julie, this world."

Byrdie laughed from behind us as I turned "shut your stupid mouth, Byrdie!" I shouted towards her.

"Sorry, Sweet valley high." Byrdie spoke still not looking at us "if you wanna join the club, you gotta do the dance, the serpent dance."

I looked up to see the familiar girls dancing on the Poles, I just wanna thank the lords that I didn't have to do that, thank you Jesus.

"Excuse me, serpent dance?" Betty asked politely.

"It's some serpent tradition." Toni spoke as I shook my head.

"It's actually some outdated, sexist Serpent Tradition." I clenched my fist, not wanting my sister to even think about showing herself off like that. "Toni tried to get it outlawed, but misogyny dies hard."

"You don't wanna know." Toni spoke with a look of anger present on her face.

"Uh, yeah I do." Betty exclaimed as I shook my head "I wanna know everything."