Chapter 24

Betty and I sat at the island in the kitchen, it had been a few hours since Polly left the house, Betty was still shocked while I was still shook about the names Polly chose for her babies

"Do you really think she named them Juniper and Dagwood?" I questioned, resting my hand against my cheek.

"I don't know." Betty sighed "you have asked me that like twenty times already."

"I know." I spoke before letting a sigh escape my lips "I'm just worried for their future."

Betty laughed slightly before the front door opened, Alice was ranting about something "Mayor McCoy's obviously hiding something about this Southside debacle."

Alice entered the kitchen and started to put the groceries away. "I'm sorry, what?" Betty asked, lifting her head from her hand.

"Schools don't just close overnight." Alice spoke while looking at us before walking to put something away.

Betty turned to me, I nodded slightly giving her the okay to say something "Mom, Polly....."

"Oh, have you talked to her?" Alice asked turning around to look at Betty "I've been leaving messages, I want to make sure she had everything she needs and ask her what color she wants the nursery painted."

I gave Alice a sad look after she turned back around "same, Betty and I were just wondering if she had called you or anything." I responded.

"No." Alice exclaimed with a small smile "not in awhile."

I reached over and placed my free hand over Betty's, giving it a slight rub before standing up "need any help?" I questioned walking over to help Alice with the groceries.
.
.
.
"Are you sure Jughead will help us get in contact with his social worker?" Betty asked while I parked my motorbike in the parking lot of Pop's.

"Yes, Betty." I responded, climbing off the bike "he's my boyfriend, he has to agree."

Betty laughed and nodded, the both of us wanted to find our brother, well Betty's brother but of course I would still class him as mine.

"Oh!" Betty tugged my arm to make me stop walking "when does Jerome get back from Greendale?" She questioned, already missing her boyfriend.

"Soon." I replied with a smile "he called me a few days ago, he's coming home in a few days."

Betty smiled widely as she pulled me into Pop's, Jughead was sitting at the booth with his father standing by him, a smile graced his face as I waved him over.

Betty and I walked over to a booth and sat down, waiting for Jughead to walk over, once he sat down I smiled at him and leaned back. "Thank you for meeting us here."

"Yeah, no problem." He replied with a grin "what do you girls need?"

"Well, we need your help." Betty spoke "you remember that baby my mom put up for adoption?"

"Long lost Cooper sibling, Yeah."

"We were hoping you'd put us in touch with your social worker." I spoke with a warm smile on my face "because you're the best boyfriend in the world and this could help us find him."

"Juliet, Betty." Jughead started "of course I'll help, but why the sudden need for a brother?"

"Polly had the twins." Betty replied "she didn't even call my mom to tell her, I know my mom's crazy."

"But shes also really upset." I spoke, with a sad smile on my face "so maybe if she found her son, having him in our lives..."

"I'll send you Ms. Weiss' number." Jughead cut me off, I smiled at him and placed my hand over his. "Thank you, babe." I replied, winking at him.

"Really, Thank you, Jug." Betty responded with a smile on her face.
.
.
.
The school bell rang as Jughead and I with the rest of the Southside students walked into Riverdale high, Toni had her arm hooked through mine as I turned to her while making a fake gun with my hand and placed it up to my head, making her laugh.

We walked over to Archie and Veronica who were staring behind a table with welcome stuff on it, really cheesy and kinda stupid. "Friends, on behalf of the students and faculty here and Riverdale high, Welcome to your new school, to ease this transition, they've set up a registration desk where you can get locker assignments, schedules and a list of extracurriculars." Veronica smiled "we encouraged every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale."

What is this? Romeo and Juliet, 'Fair Riverdale' I'm actually dying on the inside.

"Stand down, Eva Peron." Cheryl spoke as she walked down the stairs with Reggie by side and her vixens behind them.

"There's the school spirt I so fondly remember." Jughead spoke from beside me.

"Oh shut up." I laughed, slapping him on the arm slightly.

"Cheryl, no one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica sassed as she turned to look at the Redhead.

"Ooo, Drama!" I exclaimed "where's the popcorn?"

"Wrong, Veronica." Cheryl exclaimed "No one invited Southside scum to our school." Cheryl crossed her arms "listen up ragamuffins I will not allow Riverdale High's GPA to suffer because of classrooms overcrowded with underachievers." She turned to look at me and smirked slightly "so, please, find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways."

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni exclaimed as she dragged me forward to stand next to her.

"Happily queen of the Buskers and how could I forget Princess Orphan Annie." Cheryl smirked as she walked forward as well.

"Oh, you really wanna start?" I spoke up in anger, walking forward again before feeling Jughead walk up beside me and place his hand on the small of my back.

"Okay, guys." Archie stated walking forward "Everyone, can we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over?" He asked "a new slate?"

"You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews." Reggie spoke "need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass."

Sweet Pea budged passed me "Time to finish what we started." He tried to get into their faces but Jughead and I grabbed onto sweet pea to stop him.

"I'm so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now." Veronica started, as she looked at us all.

"All right." Weatherbee spoke from behind us "enough pomp and circumstance, everyone, let's get to class, now."

Jughead took hold of my hand, while Toni just hook her arm through mine, Cheryl's smirk fell slightly as she watched Toni do this, karma was a bitch and Cheryl knew she was getting replaced by Toni and I was actually happy about this.

Jughead put his free hand on Sweet peas back and pushed him forward as we walked away.

"Who is that red haired bitch anyway?" Toni asked, turning to look at me, I sighed and turned my head to look at her.

"That's Cheryl Blossom, the girl who's brother died." I responded "and my ex Bestie."

"Ahh." Toni laughed "that's why I saw her smirk drop when I linked arms with you."

"I guess so." I laughed before nudging her slightly.

Authors note,

What did you guys think? I love feedback and always read them.
Don't be a silent reader!

~Robyn