Chapter 9

"Jen!" I shouted as she opened the door, a smile graced her face as she opened her arms and embraced me

"Jen!" I shouted as she opened the door, a smile graced her face as she opened her arms and embraced me. "Oh, how I have missed you." She spoke softly into my ear.

"I missed you, too." I said pulling away, it felt good to see my mom again, after she finally agreed to let me live with Jughead so Jerome would feel more safe at home without me there, it juts felt good to see her...I guess.

"Jerome is inside if you want to say hi?" She asked, I looked past her to see Jerome standing in the kitchen obviously listening to the conversation as he was searching through the cupboards.

"Hi." I spoke softly as I walked past Jen and towards him, his eyebrows furrowed as he turned to look at me "hi?" He questioned.

"So, Betty is kinda having this code- breaking party tonight, you wanna come?" I asked as Jerome nodded, obviously already knowing what I meant. "Yeah, she invited me
yesterday."

We stood there in silence as I fiddled with the loose thread on my jumper, my teeth chewing on my bottom lip as I tapped my foot on the floor "I'm sorry." I muttered loudly.

"W-what?" Jerome stuttered out as I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry, for everything." I knew what I was doing was dangerous, Jerome could die, but I couldn't keep 'hating' him for Nothing, he was my brother.

"I-it's Okay." He spoke gently as he walked over and hugged me, I smiled and stood on my tip toes as he was so tall and I hugged him back tightly. "God, I missed you!" I exclaimed.

"Ditto."
.
.
.
Jughead, Toni, Betty, Jerome, Kevin and I were sat in Jughead and I'd trailer, Jughead and I laying on the couch, Betty, Kevin and Jerome on the floor while Toni sat on a box.

"These symbols look so familiar to me." Betty spoke "I've seen them before, it's driving me crazy, I can't figure out where."

"Maybe is you loosened your ponytail." Toni spoke as she didn't look up from the book she was reading for information, I giggled and made a weird noise as I buried my head into jughead's neck, his arms tightened around me as he laughed slightly.

"What?" Toni asked as she noticed the eyes on her "that was a joke,
Guys."

"Betty's ponytail is iconic and beyond reproach." Kevin spoke as Jerome nodded. "It's kinda Betty's thing." Jerome said.

"Kev, Jer, it's fine." Betty spoke looking at the two boys "at this point." She said taking the band out that held her hair up, making it fall over her shoulders. "I'm willing to try anything," she sighed.