Chapter 22

JENNIFER GRASPED my hands in hers, a sad look appearing on her face "your father

JENNIFER GRASPED my hands in hers, a sad look appearing on her face "your father." She spoke, looking into my eyes as I sucked in a breath "he's passed away, I'm so sorry."

I gulped and let a tear fall down my face, Jennifer reached up and touched my cheek before pulling me in to her embrace, I sobbed loudly, hugging her tightly.

My father and I were never close, but I still loved him, I forgave him for what he did to me. That day I went to Greendale to meet him, I made amends and knew I did the right thing, but know he was dead, a cold lifeless shell of the person I used to know.
.
.
.
The drive was long, bumpy and time consuming, Jennifer's hands held tightly onto the steering wheel as I sat in the passenger seat, Jerome was in the back talking to his mom on the phone who was Sobbing, my boyfriend, Jughead, was sat next to him, looking out the window as we drove by the different scenery's.

"Are you okay, Juliet?" Jennifer spoke up as I turned my head to look at her, a tissue held tightly in my left hand, the ring Jughead gave me was cold and weird on my finger but it gave me a sense of comfort for some weird reason.

"Yeah, I'm great." I lied, Jennifer gave me a tight smile and placed one of her hands on my thigh, giving it a quick squeeze before pulling away.

I felt Jughead's hand move onto my right shoulder as I turned my head to look at him through the gap of the seat, he was sat behind me, a small frown on his face, I moved my left hand up to place it over his right one, holding onto it, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.
.
.
.
.
Jerome unlocked the door and opened it, running into the living room obviously to find his mom, Jughead placed his arm around my waist as we followed Jennifer into the house, I shut the door behind us and sighed. "I don't know if I can face it." I muttered "Seeing Sasha all upset."

"She's going to be upset, Juliet." Jughead spoke up as we stopped outside of the living room "her husband just passed away."

"I know." I muttered, taking a deep breath before walking into the room, Jerome was sitting on the couch, his phone in his hands as he spoke to who I guessed was Betty, Jenifer was hugging Sasha who looked like an nervous wreck.

She looked up and smiled, pulling out of the hug and walking over to me "oh, hunny." She muttered, her hand was placed on my cheek as she pulled me into her embrace, sobs were heard coming from both of us as we mourned the death of my father and her husband.

"How did he die?" I asked, pulling away from the hug, Sasha but her lip and sighed "a drunk driver hit his car when he was on the way home from work."

I looked down and let out a sob. "Did they ever find out who did it?"

Sasha shook her head "No, it was a hit and run."
.
.
.
Awhile after, Sasha had offered to let us stay with her for the night, Jennifer had taken the room next to Sasha's while Jerome took his old room, Jughead and I walked into the other guest room at the end of the hall.

Jughead was taking a shower in the attached bathroom, the sound of the water running mixed with Jughead's singing made me smile while I fiddled with the ring on my finger, something I've noticed I do when I get anxious since I got it.

I stood up and took the towel off my hair, placing it on the chair next to the window, leaving my hair slightly wet but fresh, I moved to stand by the window, watching the moonlight shine onto the trees and lake in front of the house, it was beautiful.

The sound of the shower switching off didn't make me turn around, hearing Jughead open the door and walk into the room "what's up?" He asked, making me turn to see him standing there with a towel around his waist. "Get dressed, Juggy." I laughed turning back around to look at the scenery again.

He chuckled as I heard him mess around with the dresser, getting some Night clothes that he could wear, some of Jerome's old clothes I think, Sasha had lent Jennifer and I some clothes to wear, Jerome didn't need clothes since he used to live here anyway.

"Come to bed." I heard Jughead speak up as I turned to look at him, he was now dressed and laying down under the covers of the bed, holding up the other side so I could get under, I obliged and got under, resting my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat.

I felt sleep consuming me slowly, jughead's lips pressed against my head as a soft sigh escaped my mine, his arms tightened around me as he shifted  slightly "I love you." I vaguely heard him mutter, I was too tired to answer so I just let the sleep consume me.
.
.
.
A few days had passed since then, the funeral had came and gone, tears were shed and the confusion of people thinking I was engaged made Jughead and I laugh, having to explain it was a promise ring.

We were back In Riverdale, Jerome had stopped back with his mother for a few more days, saying he would call me when he's coming home so I could go and get him.

Everything started to go back to normal, or so I thought.

Authors Note,
I have no idea why I killed Jermey off, I just wanted to write something for this book.

~Robyn