Chapter 27

My eyes trained over the people who were rushing down the paths, towards their destinations, but I was only looking for a familiar redhead who would be coming out the bus station at any moment

I placed my hands on the steering wheel and took a deep breath, tapping my fingers to the beat of the song that was playing on the radio. "Should I say or should I go now!" I snag out loud, for some reason this song is my jam.

The sound of someone knocking on the window made my heart skip a beat while I jumped back slightly, Turing my head, Jerome was chuckling while he walked over to the passenger side and opened the door "You should have seen your face." He laughed, sitting down.

"Yeah, well." I spoke, starting the engine "it wasn't so funny for me" I reversed out of the parking spot and began the drive to the trailer park.

"So, how is she?" I asked, not turning to look at the redhead, letting my fingers tap to the beat of the song.

"She's Okay." Jerome sighed "she misses him like crazy."

"She will." I spoke, taking one hand off of the wheel to hold out for him, he reached over and placed his hand in mine. "They loved each other, the worst thing in the world is losing someone you love." 

"I see that you're either engaged or Promised to someone." Jerome spoke as he pointed towards the ring on my finger, a sheepish smile tugged at my lips while nodding my head.

"Yeah, Jughead gave it to me on Christmas." I smiled "and it's a promise ring."

"Well, I'm happy for you." Jerome spoke up "the both of you, I can see that he makes up happy." He paused slightly before pulling his hand away "speaking of happy things, can you take me to the Coopers instead, I wanna see my girlfriend."

"Okay." I laughed "I'm sorta living there again anyway." I placed my hand back into the wheel, Turing the car around "plus, our long lost brother, Chic, now lives with us."

"Chic?" Jerome asked, laughing slightly.

"Ask Betty." I spoke, Turing into the Coopers drive way "but not in front of him."

"Got it." Jerome spoke as he climbed out of the car "don't ask questions in front of the creepy new kid."

"He's not creepy." I spoke with a sigh "you haven't even met the guy" I closed the car door and walked up the the front door, unlocking it and walking in "Hello, I'm home!" I exclaimed, hearing two pairs of footsteps running down the stairs.

Betty and Chic appeared, Chic just stayed my the entrance while Betty ran into Jerome's arms, I laughed and walked over to Chic "that's Betty's boyfriend, Jerome."