Chapter 57

~

~

Jugheads eyes scanned around the room, serpents stood, lay and sat all  around the bar of the White Wrym. Juliet, Sweet Pea and Toni stood behind the raven haired boy, their hands in their leather jacket pockets as they watched him closely, seeing him seething with anger.

Juliet's eyes also scouted out the room carefully and slowly, being careful not to miss any details of what was happening. Serpents gathered together, their homes ruined in the Riot. Juliet felt bad for them, she vowed that she would try and help them and hopefully it'll work.

"I don't understand." Those words that spilled from her boyfriends lips made Juliet pull her hands out from her pockets and cross them over her chest, her teeth nibbling on her bottom lip gently with nerves.

"You saw what the Ghoulies did to most of Sunnyside." Toni piped up in a dull voice, her eyes also looking across the room before they landed on Jughead.

"A lot of Serpents couldn't afford to leave Riverdale." The boy next to Juliet exclaimed, Sweet Pea looked over at the young redhead who leaned her head against his arm. Juliet sighed loudly, her bottom lip pouting out slightly as she thought about the Serpents, some left and some couldn't. And those who couldn't will have to suffer. "So, we came here." Sweet Pea finished his sentence, turning his gaze back onto Jughead.

"Does my dad know about this?" Jughead asked immediately, still not turning around to face them, his body stiff and frozen.

"I think you can guess the answer, Jug." Juliet nearly whispered as she pulled herself to walk towards her boyfriend, placing her hand on his shoulder, feeling his tense posture slacken as he turned his head to the side, his gaze finding hers. At that moment, he knew his answer.
.
.
.
Jughead stormed through the front door of the trailer, he scanned the room until his gaze settled on his half-intoxicated father who was laying across the couch, a bottle of alcohol was placed in his right hand, and many more were scattered along the table next to him. "Since when are you drinking again dad?" Jughead asked his father.

"I am celebrating the fact that I am no longer Hiram Lodge's busboy." FP slurred drunkenly while swirling the remainder of the alcohol around in the nearly empty bottle. "He fired me from Pop's today. He's cleaning house, getting rid of stragglers."

"Well he's a bastard." Jughead exclaimed with annoyance lacing his voice.

"Yeah." FP muttered, looking at the bottle that was still in his hand.

"Who cares? We have work to do." Jughead stated "why'd you lie to me?" FP sighed and placed the bottle onto the table and lifted himself up to sit on the couch properly "You told me the serpents don't exist." Jughead watched his fathers every move "They're at the White Wyrm and need help."