Chapter 13

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood, but every so often the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare for all of the world to see

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood, but every so often the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare for all of the world to see. So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath.....and it's terrifying.

"Your vitals seem good," The doctor spoke as she wrote on the clip board "everything seems good."

"Thanks, Doc," I smiled as I stood up from the bed, placing my serpents jacket back over my shoulder.

"You know." The nurse started as I turned my head to look at her "I would have never pegged you for a serpent kinda girl."

"Well, I'm just full of surprises." I laughed as I waved goodbye to her, walking towards the entrance, today had been my checkup with the doctor, I made Jughead stay at home because I didn't need the fuss.

"Goodbye, Juliet." The receptionist smiled as I checked out "I really hope we don't see you in here again for awhile." She joked as I chuckled.

"I hope so too." I smiled, placing the pen down as she took the clipboard away. "Bye." I waved as I walked towards the door.

Climbing onto my bike I got a text from Toni asking if I would come to meet her and Jughead there, of course I said yes.
.
.
.
"Thanks you both for letting me sleep over." Toni smiled "now on to the next crash pad until my uncle stops locking me out."

"Our trailer is your trailer." I spoke up, reaching forwards and stealing one of the strawberry's from her plate.

"Thanks Juliet." She smiled at me "you too, Jug."

"So." I smirked "got any boys waiting to take you on a date?"

Toni chuckled "Nope, I have standards, Juliet." She sighed "besides, I'm more into girls anyways."

Jughead and I smiled, I think I already knew that...yeah...I did. "Roger that." Jughead spoke up with a smirk on his face.

I stole a piece of bacon from jughead's plate as I rested my head on his shoulder. "How did the check up go?" Toni asked as she took a sip of her drink.

"Every thing seems good." I spoke " I seem to be healing just fine."

"That's good." Jughead spoke. Before I knew it, we were all laughing about something funny Toni said, my eyes drifted towards the window for a second as I saw Betty and Archie standing by a van, staring at us before hey both took out their phones and answered them...weird.
.
.
.
Jughead and I both sat facing Mr Philips "People have associated this school with the plagues of the Southside, drugs, gangs, violence. But, like the Southside, There is a community here." He paused for a second "And while the decay is real, it is not irreversible." He chuckled slightly "I'm impressed, Jughead, Juliet."