Chapter 31

~

~

"What happened?" Betty gasped, staggering forwards slightly.

"No, no, no, don't come closer!" Alice demanded, looking up at the blonde haired girl. "Don't touch anything, he tried to hurt me, Juliet and Chic, your brother..."

I crawled over to where Chic was sitting, his eye clenched Shut with a scared expression on his face. I sat next him, placing my hand on his shoulder for Comfort.

I turned my head and gasped "no, Betty what are you doing!" I exclaimed, watching as Betty took her phone out.

"I'm Calling the police." Betty answered, pressing the numbers into the phone, tears building up in her eyes, I stood up and walked towards her, shaking my head. "You can't do that."

"Juliet, there's a man on our floor." Betty yelled slightly.

"If the police come, they'll take Chic away from me and I won't let that happen again." Alice spoke while she stood up.

"Well, if it was self-defense..." Betty started before she stopped, watching as Alice dropped to the floor again and started to clean. "It was self-defense, right?" Betty asked.

"Yes, it was." Alice spoke standing up, glancing at Betty before she walked into the kitchen "but it won't matter." Alice spoke again, I stood by Betty and crossed my arms, staring at Alice, not saying a word.

"Just go to your room, you didn't see anything." Alice spoke again, looking at Betty.

"Mom, let me help you." Betty cried.

"No, it's better if you're not involved." Alice spoke "I have your sister to help me anyways."

I placed the gloves on that Alice held out for me, kneeling down to help her clean the blood from the floor again, but stopped when Betty's phone started to ring.

"It's dad." Betty spoke, I shook my head while Alice did the same thing.

"Don't answer." Alice said.

"What If He—?" Betty started before Alice cut her off. "Yes, you're right, answer."

"Betty, just act like everything is normal." I spoke up "so stop fucking crying and put on a brave voice."

Betty put the phone up to her ear "Hey, dad, what's up?" She asked, her voice still sounding weak from crying. "......Okay, see you in a bit."