Chapter 20: Mercy

I was not allowed to be alone with him, nor with anyone else. He claims he trust me, but security does not. Maybe it was supposed to be a red flag when they took me out of my room and brought me to the car, when they left me in the back seat with him.

We were alone with only a window separating us from the guards. But maybe it was the comfortable silence that made talk for the first time in days. "I get it if you hate me..."

"I knew you would, B told me... and I know it was Veronica who made you have no choice, you did what you could and I respect that." Maybe my blood was boiling at how forgiving that could be, because he was not mad at me. He said it like nothing had happened. "Only security and guests got surprised, everyone who knew was waiting for the gun to drop."

"You think you know the whole story but none of you have known me before a year ago." He took a deep breath, his eyes looking down as if he knew something I did not. I know he knows something I do not.

"Somebody has and you are going to see them again... but, Raven, you did not want to. I could tell you didn't so I can forgive you and move past it only because you stopped yourself. I know you Raven, not the woman that Veronica created but you..."

"I did not even know I existed until you said that..." I am not lying, he is right. Whoever mother had made me to be, was her and not me. He stopped talking, only grabbing my hand with more trust than ever, like it was not me who had tried to kill him but mother.

Then we reached a building outside of the city, one that had a person standing in front of it. We got out of the vehicle, no security following us, only Dean beside me and the woman in front of us, waiting. It was B, I recognized the mask, but her hair was hidden underneath a hood.

She smiled at me, a joyful look that made me know that she had already forgiven me too. But, it was more like she was happy I started then stopped myself. This time her voice was cheerful when she spoke to me. "Somebody was let out... I knew you would choose right. Let's go inside."

Dean now had an arm around me, leading me into the building which was clearly now the spy headquarters. It is more than obvious with the groups of people in spy gear, the high amount of technology that looked not of this time. Then the room that was closed off, a switch making the windows fog over and left me Dean and B alone.

"Raven, Veronica would not be able to find you anymore and funny story I was in a similar situation to you." I looked at her confused as she smirked. Nobody would be in the same situation as me, she had not grown up with mother's words echoing in her head. "I was sent to kill someone I cared about, I could not do it and now I'm here."

She worked as an assassin, but for who? "Who did you work for?"

"You know who I am Raven..." She took off her hood, neon pink hair falling over her ears. Her mask came off right after, this revealing a face that I thought was long gone, someone I thought to be dead. She did not die, mother did lie.

"Bailey?" She nodded smiling. No wonder her aura felt familiar when I first saw her. Why she trusted me like she already knew me and acted as if it were nothing.

"Mother never expected it but me telling you and Rose I was going, I was hoping you would believe mother and not come looking for me until it's time. then , you got your mission and I reached out to Rose. I told Dean about you assignment, and that seeing how you were in love with him, he would only have to be calm in order to stop you."

"No way that you're alive." She laughed, holding out a hand to prove she was not a ghost. I reached out and grabbed it, a genuine smile growing on my face. I could make it out. Just like my sister did. I could get Rose out, it would just take time.

"We got you out sis, but Rose may take a while only because of the extra caution Veronica would have." She never called her mother, I had just noticed.

Maybe I was being talkative but I had just figured out that my sister was alive. "Why do you not call her mother?"

Bailey laughed. "You think only me and Rose are adopted still... we were adopted from a children's home but you. Raven, you were not born from her, she could never have children and when the LeClair's get here we could explain where you really came from and why you were her favourite child."

My sister never changed, this was the Bailey I grew up with. She was keeping facts from me, making my blood boil as she told me things I did not want to hear. I am happy to see that my sister was not dead but maybe a little upset that her ability to rile me up has not disappeared as well.

All these lies I have been told and now it was my time to figure out the truth's. Liar's had better watch their backs because now the ghosts in my vision are with me, so is my sister and Dean, soon Rose will stand beside us instead of as a double agent. Then, mother will lose her grip on Secretonovia.