Chapter 16: She's Dead

I was not sure whether mother approved or not but I left my home to live with Dean. To him it was me growing closer, our relationship growing stronger. To me, it was both those things and more. I needed to get away from mother slowly, I needed to pretend I was still planning to work with her.

Yet, even though I decided that I do love Dean... I know I still have to kill him. It was the only way to make sure that nobody else will hurt him. It was my only option without having to kill more people than necessary. But, I would still have to kill the man I was in love with.

Bree has been getting more and more assignments, ones that included her mother Corrine to join in on. I knew of all their targets, I gave mine up so I could 'concentrate' on killing Dean when I moved out.

I looked at myself in the large mirror. The black dress was a short fit and flare with a low cut neckline. There was beading around the haltered straps and down the chest area. I wore black, platformed heels that barely anybody could afford, but they were a gift from Dean's parents.

This was my first party with Dean, nearly vb months after I met him and now I'm going to a party. Not to kill but to be a guest. A guest that could sit calmly and enjoy thier time with someone. "Shit."

I had not meant to speak out loud but there was no way to avoid it. Bree and Corrine were going to be at that party. They were going to be going after one of their targets, but no doubt mother would ask them to check up on what I'm doing.

A knock on the door made me swiftly turn. My curled black hair flying over my shoulder and my hand instinctively reaching for my gun, the garter holding it on my thigh being covered by my skirt. "Who is it?"

"Raven, its me. I was just coming to see if you were ready." I put the gun away before the door opened. There he stood in a black suit, a red dress shirt underneath to match the underneath of my dress. The male grinned, a blush floating on his cheeks as he walked over to me. "You look stunning..."

I allowed myself to blush this time. His hand grabbing mine as he examined them. He seemed to be staring at my bare hand. I did not know what made me want to go gloveless but it seemed different, though not as uncomfortable as it once did.

"You aren't wearing gloves..."

"Is that bad?" He shook his head, a chuckle coming off of his lips. The lips that were soon pressed against mine in a sweet kiss. At that one point, I forgot about Bree and Corrine, about my job. All I could think about was the lips pressed against mine.

He pulled back, walking to grab my black handbag off of the side table. He handed it to me before extending an arm, I took it and he lead the way outside of the home towards the back car parked out front.

Bree is going to be there, she will see me in seconds. If I make one misstep both her and Corrine will come after me. If they get news to mother, everyone that I have grown close to will be doomed. That is why as I sit in the car on the way to the party, I cannot stop thinking that something bad will happen tonight.

The hall was crowded, our table was in the corner. Many rich families were here, Bree and Corinne were on the other side of the dining hall. I knew they had not noticed me yet, I know they will soon.

Music will start, Dean will pull me up and they will see me.

His had had pulled me up before anyone else had stood. Nobody else was on the dance floor when he began to dance with me. I had called for his to get me to dance, but this was more attention than necessary. As I turned, I saw that Bree and Corinne were watching me, that they were wanting to confront me.

Maybe it's my mind going crazy, or my body taking over but I as I lead Dean into another hall for some privacy I knew they were going to follow me. I do nto know what has come over me though, like my heart was controlling my body over my head because I found myself whispering to Dean something I know I was not supposed to say.

"There are two women following us. I have a feeling they will attack and I do not want you to worry about me when they do." He looked at me with worried eyes but he gave a curt nod as he pulled out his gun from his jacket. I do not know if he always carried ti wound now but I could care less. Mine was in my hand before Bree or Corrine entered the room.

"Raven... Veronica would not be happy to hear that you are pointing a gun at us..." Corrine laughed as she came into the room. Bree was behind her, a smile on her face. One I knew was because she found me busted.

They both had their guns out, ones that are supposed to be used to kill someone else. But a bullet flying past my head was something that gave me a reaction to shoot. Fist in the stomach.

Bree fell to the ground, her hand gripping her now bleeding stomach. She spit out just a bit of blood. Her mother had screamed, running towards Dean. My gun was up beside me in seconds.

The bullet flew through her head, she collapsed on the ground as I sent more bullets her way. Dean had shot his own bullet as Bree grabbed her gun, the girl fell to the floor with blood pooling around her.

I turned to Dean. His arm was shaking, it was his first kill. I already saw their faces taking over my mind, joining all the men I have killed. My first female kills. But I did not kill Bree, Dean did. His hand was shaking, he looked near collapsing.

I found myself holding him up quickly, seating him on an empty chair before he collapsed himself. His voice was shaky. "That was my first kill... they knew your name..."

"It's okay..." He stood, myself holding his arm to keep him steady. "Let's get out of here before we get caught."

He nodded walking out of the room and heading to the security desk that was empty. I stood behind him, watching as he deleted the tape of us killing Bree and Corrine. But not without watching it over again. There was no proof that we killed, no proof that I knew who they were.

Mother would not know who killed them, she would assume it was some LeClair security officers. I was digging my own grave, not knowing where it will bring me.

Dean had colour in his face again, he seemed more calm but I knew he would have nightmares tonight. We all do when we first kill. It takes time to get used to having somebody's blood on their hands.

We walked back into the party hall again, nobody seemed to have heard the gunshots. They were all dancing, smiling. I knew that a weight had been takeoff of my shoulders by killing them. But new faces were in my mind.

"Love, let's dance... you can't take it back, their bad people who have killed." You die in the way you killed. It always seemed to work out like that. Bailey, Bree, Corrine and everyone else before them. I will die from a gun, Dean will too.

Right now is not the time to worry though, not until the time comes. I pulled him to the middle of the dance floor.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, his around my waist. My head rested on his shoulder as I listened to his breathing. His voice was quiet when he spoke into my ear. "Killing is sickening... you seemed so calm..." He chuckled. "I shouldn't be surprised, you are always so composed."

"My sister got murdered, I guess killing doesn't phase me because I have been on the other side." He nodded, pulling me closer into him.

I wanted to stay there forever but I knew that could not happen. Mother was still out there, still getting me to kill the man who trusted me with everything he had. We would have to stop after our dance, go home and continue living out our hell.

My only fear now was how this was going to end.