Chapter 24: The End

It is mid January, snow is sticking to the ground and the flakes are falling from the sky. I stand on the roof of the building across the street from the house I knew so well, he stands beside me in his full black suit and weapons attached to his belt. My raven black hair blows in the winter wind, my lower half of my face is covered by my old black bandana and a gun gripped in my black gloved hand. I put them back on for this, so she will not see me coming. Nobody can see us in our dark coloured outfits, we look like shadows on top of the building in the quiet street.

"This is the place..." My name is Raven Zeller, I just turned twenty-three and was raised as an assassin. I believed what I was told my entire life and now I returned to my 'home' to take revenge on the person that lied to me since I was two. That lied to me about who I was and who the real enemy was in this country.

Beside me is Dean LeClair, my boyfriend but my original target in the beginning of my story. But now, he showed me the truth, he stands beside me with love and confidence.

We are waiting for the signal from Bailey, the signal that her distracion is in process. This is how we will end what Veronica, my assumed "mother," had begun by pinning her targets.

"It looks so shady..." His voice was almost as quite like mine but more rough, compared to my silk one. This was the man that I fell in love with during my time as a puppet.

"That is because it is..." The sound of shattered glass fills the empty silence, this is our queue. This is the beginning of the end.

We leave our spot on the roof, sneaking our way through the back entrance. Bailey is in the front and Veronica is holding Rose hostage in her office.

The halls are filled with every man and woman I grew up training with, there is no way to get out of this without a fight. No way to get out without assassination of a person. Loud shots are ringing thought he air, grunts and punches following. Yells signifying a death as I pull my own trigger at any I can.

I know if I do not kill them that they will come after me, or even Dean. We are all mind controlled by her, I was until only days ago.

No mercy, there is no mercy with their shots and attacks. There is no mistaking pain when a bullet meets my arm, when Dean lets out a gasp from a knife cutting his shoulder.

We are outnumbered, there was no way to kill them all and get Rose. No we have to move on. I nod to Dean and run, I know the halls better than anyone else. I know the way to the office and I know that she will not have guards at her door.

Bailey comes down a hallway, blood soaking her outfit and a cut under her eye. She is like me, we have the same way of direction in the house. We were raised to kill and come back here.

It is different now though, now we come to kill who wanted us to kill. Rose may be in danger but there is no way out but this.

The door is wide open, she sits in her seat. Her legs are crossed to look professional, Rose sitting behind her against the wall with her hands tied together. Though the shock on my sister's face was something that showed me that she did not expect me to be here.

"Welcome home girls... and to you Mister LeClair..." Her voice was silk, though it spit venom. A growl grows in my throat, my hand clutches my gun. A laugh spreads through the room but I know that it will mean nothing in the end.

"You know you are at a disadvantage Veronica..." Her glare is almost as sharp as daggers. Though she seemed to know she has no way out, she has no weapons and all her puppets are either dead or injured.

"Yes but you do want Rose..."

"You have no cards. You have no children nor family. You also have no hope..." This is the loudest I have spoken in my life, a way to show her I am not who she thinks I am.

The old Raven is dead. The Raven that she raised to be a killer and get the blood on her hands instead of Veronica's own. No, I am not that girl who believed I was always doing the right thing by putting a bullet through someone's head.

Now I am going to kill, but only people like Veronica, those who believe that killing is a way to solve problems. I now live knowing that real love is real and not some weakness that will get you killed.

I know how I want to be now. I know who I want to be.

Veronica was standing in a second, noticing my words were a threat. SHe threw herself at me, at us. Her nails trying to implant themselves in my eyes, her fists trying to knock me out.

I fight back. My gun is lost in the process though as we fight across the floor of her office, blood splattering everywhere, she grows weaker. Her energy is not what it was years go, she is not as strong as me.

I have her up against a wall, her body is panting, blood dribbled down her lip.

Rose must have been untied in the process because now her, along with Bailey and Dean stand beside me. My redheaded sister hands me my gun. The metal is cold in my hands.

Then I pointed it. The metal weapon was pressed against her forehead. Confidence radiates off of my body and off of those beside me. Veronica glared but she has a shit eating smile on her face.

"Once you back out of being an assassin, Raven, you never have the guts to kill..." I let out a scoff, she does not know what I am or who I am.

"Sorry, but who said I am scared of your threats?"

I press the pistol harder against her forehead, my finger rests against the trigger. Then I pull it.