Chapter Thirty

She was in front of her suitcase, folding up clothes and sobbing into the many soft t-shirts she had. She wiped her tears away, waiting for that phone to ring to tell her Mum about the news. 

She cried so hard into the next t-shirt she had, her gut bubbling and making her feel worse about herself. She cried harder knowing the disappointment in his eyes. She cried her heart out. 

Folding her next shirt, the phone on the carpet started to ring. Perrie was skittish, jumping and grasping the phone. She wiped her wet cheeks with the t-shirt in her hands before clearing her throat and speaking a hello.

"Hello?"

"Hello, sweetie," Her mum whispered into the phone, a smile being heard through the line. "Are you feeling okay?"

Perrie nodded, using the back of her hand to rub at her eyes. She kept her hand there, still slightly overwhelmed by the whole concept of everything just coming to reality.

"Mum," Perrie grinned bright, looking at the model house ceiling and shaking her head. It was reality. "I'm Britain's Next Top Model."

***********

Louis said goodbye to the chaps and lasses of the house, exiting the mansion with his suitcase. Harry followed behind, his face much more chirper and vibrant than Louis' glower. Louis just wanted to get out of London, and this competition as a whole.

Why didn't he win? It wasn't even a question that was reasonably argumentative. Harry should have won. Why the actual fuck did Perrie win? It was bias! Louis could see nothing in Perrie, and frankly, Louis doesn't give a shit's damn about Perrie any more.

Louis should have said something, better yet, Louis should have stolen that damn crown away from Perrie. She tripped, made a fool of herself and she didn't even fucking congratulate Harry on the runner up position. She was too full of herself. To be honest, she can go fuck herself.

Harry could see Louis was angry. He wouldn't talk on the trip back home, Louis claiming his and Harry's seat in the limo for the trip back home and he was silent. Harry was trying to cheer him up.  Louis, I'm going to be fine. I'll find somewhere else. She deserves it.

Perrie didn't deserve it. Harry did. Louis wanted to find her and punch her. By the time he thought of the most logical plan of taking away her happiness, he was already on the plane to Holmes Chapel with Harry. This wasn't planned as such either. The minute they arrived home - which was around an hour ago - Harry called Jay and asked if Louis was okay to stay by for a few nights to meet Anne and Gemma properly. Louis wasn't able to talk on the phone, way too pissed off to initiate a normal conversation. 

He was on the verge of cursing every five seconds. The flight attendant came past a few times and Harry asked the her to avoid asking Louis questions. The last thing he wanted was Louis to have a bad reputation just when he's about to start his modelling career with Guess. Harry ordered him the snack and drink, taking his hand just as they approached HC for the bumpy final landing.

The ride was just as silent as it was back in London. It was a bit dark still, only early in the morning and Anne made her way down to pick Louis and Harry up from the airport. Anne knows about them, and so does Gemma. Harry knew she'd take it well. Louis wasn't expecting it so much. He was quite surprised internally, but he didn't really show it on his face when Harry told him just hours ago.

Arriving at home was a big step. Louis had no clue how long he was staying here for, but it was surely for the weekend only. He might have a few calls here and there for his photoshoots back in London. Harry hugged Gemma - Louis smiling from how sweet Harry actually was - before he punched her in the arm. She helped Harry carry his and Louis' bags in, placing them at the hallway and telling the family she was heading back out to her boyfriend's. It was the usual. Harry just didn't know why she didn't make the effort to stay with Harry after months of being away.