Chapter Fourty Five

sorry this was so late like i was on twitter and then next minute liam announced the new album and single anD FUCK FIREPROOF THOUGH

IM NOT READY FOR THE ALBUM NO. I'M HEARING FIREPROOF LIVE NEXT FUCKING YEAR AND I S2G IM GOING TO PASS OUT FROM LOUIS' SOLO

so here's 3200 words of nonsense which i'm probably going to go to hell for

- - - - - -

There's always a solution to a problem, in Harry's mind. That's to call Liam.

Liam answered instantly, and he's laughing during his greeting. Harry's glad he's enjoying himself, wherever he may be. Harry's just torn on what to think right now. Cara didn't help, and calling Perrie didn't help either. Apparently she's too busy organizing what to wear for her date with Zayn.

"Hi," Harry said quietly. Liam frowned, and even Harry could hear it.

"Harry, you don't sound too happy, mate."

"I'm not, really," Harry admitted. "I-I'm... uh, you could say stuck in a pickle right now."

Liam laughed. "Is it about Louis?"

"Is it that predictable?"

"Yes it is, Harry, honestly. Every time you call me when Louis and yourself have a problem." He almost sounds angry. Harry glowered, he hated making people upset with him. Maybe that doesn't really circulate around Louis, however. Funny that. "Harry, I heard about what happened with Calvin Klein."

Harry would be lying if he said he wasn't shocked. "Yeah."

Liam sighed. He's disappointed in Harry. "Was there a reason to quit, Harry? Do you realize you've just stuffed yourself, you know that?"

"I shouldn't have listened to Louis."

"Louis told you to do this?"

"We had a fight, Liam, and I was just over it. I wanted to make Louis happy, but then I realized right after that maybe Louis being happy isn't the one thing I needed," Harry told. "So now I have nothing."

"And you've come to me because you want your job back?"

"N-No," Harry whispered shakily. He fell into the wall and put a hand at the bridge of his nose. He can't say it, even though it wasn't that shameful to say. The words were choking in his throat, and Harry needed to push it out just to tell Liam the very thing Harry wanted. "I-I want Louis back."

"What?"

"I want Louis back, Liam. I've lost him and I want him back."

Liam's too shocked to try comprehend what to say next. One thing that was going through Liam's mind was why the fuck Harry would go back to Louis after he took away his job and fought with him so many times. Then Liam thought about himself and Niall. The days went past when they fought endlessly and it wasn't until the day Niall asked Liam out properly the fighting stopped. 

Maybe that's what's missing from Harry's life.

"Leave it for a bit, Harry, I say. He does deserve a little bit of agony for mistreating you like... that."

"Leave it? For how long?" Harry questioned. "I-It's already been two weeks, Liam. I don't know if I can wait that long--"

"Another three days at least," Liam advised. "Maybe message him after a while, it'll be the best thing for you two."

Harry breathed slowly into his hand. "Are you sure?"

"Niall and I were the same, don't worry, okay? It's a little rough on the patches but try to work things out. I know you two were a little rowdy at the house, and you're just as bad as now. The moment Niall and I sorted things out, we were just fine."