Chapter Fourty

15 votes for the next chappie. x

He's called into Guess the next morning, and Maurice was not surprised seeing Louis looking nervous on the opposite side of the table.

Louis received the call early morning, and by the tone of his boss' transmitted voice, this meeting was sure to be an act of discipline. Louis knew he acted horribly yesterday. He'd take it all back if he could, the thing is he couldn't. What had been done was done. Louis was done for.

"Louis," He started. Louis pulled his hand from his mouth, refraining from biting his nails any longer. He bumped his leg up and down instead and faced his boss with worry in his eyes. "Louis, can you tell me about yesterday?"

"I-I..." Louis stuttered, biting his lip and exhaling sharply. "I'm sorry."

"That isn't an answer, Louis. What did you do yesterday?"

It felt like the time Louis got into trouble for putting Lottie's dolls into the fire; his mum wouldn't stop with the cussing nor the time outs on that stupid purple stool.

"I... um, I may or may not have got angry on set."

"Yes!" He shouted, slamming his clenched fists on the table. Louis closed his eyes, shrinking down into his seat and a hurt expression crossing his face. "Louis, do you know how bad this is making the company look?!"

"I'm just having a lot of trouble back home, all right? I didn't mean to hurt the photographer, or anyone or anything on set! Just... Harry and I are facing a few problems and I can't help myself not to bring that on set."

Maurice sighed unhappily, growling before falling back into his chair. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Do something about it, Louis," He said, glaring sharply at him. "Harry's obviously keeping you afoot with problems, and if you can't sort them out, it's going to cause trouble for your career in Guess."

"You can't make me throw him out."

"I never said that, Louis."

Louis folded his arms and looked to the ground for answers. He searched back into Maurice's eyes and breathed unevenly. He doesn't know what to do.

"I'll figure something out, all right?" Louis said sincerely. Maurice nodded with a simper. "Tell everyone my apologies for my rude behaviour."

"Granted, Louis," Maurice told. "Before you leave, Louis, you must know that consequences are going to be made for your actions."

Louis gulped. "Consequences?"

"You're not being paid for the shoot, nor will you be in the campaign for the new briefs," Maurice explained. Louis sighed with his head falling down. He can't be anymore disappointed in himself. "You've also been replaced for the Angel's Desire runway."

Louis stared at Maurice with wide eyes. He's about to cry. "B-But--"

"No," He simply stated. "You are dismissed."

******

He's crying into Harry's shoulder at home.

"H, I'm so done with modelling," Louis whispered, clutching onto Harry's shirt and crying harder. Harry purred to him and kept the kisses coming. Louis was settled in his lap with his head tucked down. He's so upset, and has been for the last hour.

"No, you aren't," Harry retorted. "Love, this isn't the end of the world. It's just one runway. You have another hundred to go yet."

"But this is Niall's new designer wear!" Louis shouted at him, glaring up to Harry with wet eyes. "I-I've not only disappointed Maurice, or myself, I've also disappointed Niall and Liam. This is horrible, Harry... I-I... I can't anymore."