Chapter One

Blood, blood everywhere. All I could see was blood and the mangled bodies of the two people I loved most in this world who I knew for certain loved me back.

I didn't mean for this to happen, I didn't want this to happen and I certainly didn't want to suffer the blinding pain that was flowing through my broken body. I didn't want to have to live through the agony of being the only one left.

"Amaia wake up!" my mother shouts, her golden blonde bob bouncing against her shoulders. "That's better, now, make sure you're presentable. First impressions are everything." She firmly states.

Right, I'd almost forgotten. Julia Moore, otherwise known as my mother, decided that just two months after the most traumatising experience in my life, it was time to pack our bags and move to her boyfriend's house, or should I say mansion. Turns out this guy was somehow rich and single as well as father to two perfect little angels also known as his darling children. At least that how my mom described them.

I pull down the car mirror and check my appearance. My waist length, dark brown curls are still perfectly in tack thanks to copious amounts of hairspray. Sea green eyes are lined in black with gold eyeshadow painted on the lid with an expert hand. A light dusting of pink blush colours my cheeks and my lips are painted dark red.

So to sum that up, I look that same as I did before.

"We're here. Don't screw this up." My mom snaps.

I turn to her with the ghost of a smile "wouldn't dream of it."

We step out of what was my mother's small, beat up work car. I'm sure she's now condemned the thing to the junk yard now that mom has her rich boyfriend. I stumble a little getting out of the car, who knew that going a few weeks without wearing heels would make it harder to walk once you decided to wear them?

In front of me was a large black gate which behind I could see a colossal white two story mansion. It had the works, large windows and balconies. In front of it laid a garden with perfectly maintained emerald green grass, trimmed hedges and a fountains as its centrepiece. One thing I noticed g=just from being on the outside looking in, however, is that there was no substance, no personality.

Three people stood in front of the houses porch. The tallest was a man who appeared to be in his mid-forties, his skin was tan and he has dark brown hair and eyes, the teenage boy who appeared to be 17 like me was a spitting image of him, even though he was a bit leaner. The girl was short and appeared to be a couple years younger than me, her skin too was tanned, however, her eyes were light grey and her hair was bleached ash blonde.

I trailed behind my mother as we passed through the gates a treaded down the path to the small family of three. A man and what appeared to be his son and daughter.

"Julia!" the man, whose name must be Alexander according to my Mother's incessant rambling, exclaimed as he embraced my Mother, his tan arms engulfing around her. He pulls away. "And you must be Amaia, "he states indifferently.

"Yes I am sir, it's a pleasure to meet you," I hold out my hand for a hand shake, only to be left hanging. The teenage boy side steps in front of me and shakes it.

"Hello I'm Thomas, we're pleased to have you here," he says with a friendly but almost forced tone. "This is my sister Abigail," he gestures to the slightly younger than us fake blond girl.

"Thomas, show Amaia around the house and bring in her luggage," Alexander says, not looking away from my Mother's face.

Thomas leads me into the mansion while carrying my mauve suicase, Abigail skipping off with mentions of "meeting up with Jessica".