Chapter 28

"Come on, we need to get up," I mutter unwillingly.

"Why," Luke groans.

I run my fingers down his bare chest, his arm resting under my head. "Because we have rehearsal soon, you remember? The others wanted to squeeze in another rehearsal before the gig tonight," I supply.

It was a week after my birthday and we had our second gig at the bar tonight, the owner called Fiona a couple days ago and extended our set because our first show went so well. Needless to say, we had to add a few extra covers to our set list.

Luke groans because pulling the cover off and standing up, pulling me with him. "Come on," he says. "If I have to suffer then so do you."

I groan as I stand up. "I hate you sometimes."

"I love you too babe," he leans in while roll my eyes and look away. Eventually, he gets fed up with my antics and pulls me in for a kiss, causing me to giggle like a love-struck school.

Which isn't too far from the truth.

"I love you too," I reply after we pull away. "And because I love you so much, you can shower first. You stink."

Luke rolls his eyes with a laugh before he grabs his supplies and heads into the bathroom. Feeling cold in just his sweatpants and shirt, I go up to his closet and shuffle through the clothes, finally choosing to pull on his favourite black hoodie.

I head downstairs where Stella's flipping some eggs on the stove, Becky sitting in a booster seat at the table eating toast covered in strawberry jam. Stella turns to me, donned in a simple blue sweater and black jeans, her jet black hair in a braid down her back.

She eyes me up in down, quite obviously noting I'm in Luke's clothes. "Have fun last night?" she asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up," I reply jokingly. "This is a family of horn dogs."

She raises her eyebrows. "I never said anything about-"

"Shut up!" I raise my voice.

Stella simply laughs, she hand absentmindedly moving the eggs around. "I've said it before but you've changed him."

"I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing," I laugh.

"No, I'm serious. He laughs more, he smiles more, and he's no longer this... shell. You have no idea how grateful I am."

A thought suddenly enters my mind because, after all, how could I possibly be that good for him? "How do you know it was me?"

Her gaze returns to her eggs. "Believe me, with the way he talks about you, it's definitely you." She puts the eggs on a plate beside the bacon. "Breakfast?" she offers.

Luke chooses that moment to rush down the creaky stairs. "Breakfast?" he yells.

Stella rolls her eyes and mouths to me "teenagers."

We all get out food, Luke notably taking way more than Stella and I combined. "So I don't think I would be a good sister if I didn't tell every embarrassing story about Luke there is." Stella says, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

I raise my eyebrows and turn to Luke. "There's more?" he simply nods and slinks lower in his seat. "Hit me with it."

"Have you ever heard about the time he wanted to practice bestiality?"

"Anything but that!" Luke groans.

Stella simply waves him off. "So when we were kids, we had a Labrador named Belle after the Disney princess because she was Luke's first crush but that's a completely different story. Anyway, he went up to our Mom when he was, I don't know, six and insisting that he had to marry Belle because they were "meant to be". We held a marriage ceremony and everything where he literally kissed Belle. Then I, being the ever so loving sister I was, kindly reminded Luke that in the movie, Belle married the Beast, aka Adam."