Chapter 14

"I can't believe we're doing this," Luke comments in disbelief as we pile into Adam's parents seven seater car, Fiona throwing a quickly prepared picnic basket into the trunk. Turns out Adam actually has four siblings, who would've known? He's the second youngest so the others aren't typically home.

"Better believe it," Fiona chimes.

Luke and I end up stuck in the back together, with Thomas, Hannah and Lucy in the middle section while Adam drives and naturally Fiona beside him in the passenger seat. "Where are we even heading? Why are we even doing this?" Luke asks from beside me.

"Who cares?" Lucy says in excitement. "And who knows? You guys need to connect as a band. What happened today was messy, you guys are never going to make it and stay together if there's so much tension. Who knows? Maybe we'll have some sort of pitch perfect moment and you guys will find your sound."

"Our sound isn't the problem," comments Hannah. "Amaia being a boyfriend stealing skank is," she spits.

"Hannah, for the last time, it's not her fault," Luke groans in annoyance. He turns to me discreetly. "By the way," he mutters. "You left your scarf at my house and Becky may or may not have gotten a hold of it and put chocolate all over it," he cringes.

Despite his quiet tone, Hannah must have heard him. "She was at your house? This just gets better and better."

"Keep it, I have plenty more," I smile before directing my words at Hannah. "Yes I was at his house, but probably not in the way you're thinking. We've been co-writing songs and Luke just needed some advice from a friend," I emphasise the word friend.

Hannah huffs "he never invited me over," she mutters to herself.

I can help but let my heart break a little for Hannah. The guy she had been pining after for years finally started dating her, only to tell her that he didn't like her in the way she deserved. I had to respect Luke though. He may have gone about it the wrong way but he really thought he could fall for Hannah.

Adam wordlessly turns on the radio, an old 90's station coming on. Adam goes to switch channels "leave it," Thomas says. "The 90's had some sick beats," he explains. Adam's hand goes back to the steering wheel.

At this point we're travelling along country roads. I look out the window and see grassy fields lined with tree, autumn leaves littered across the ground. I notice the drastic change in tempo of the music on the radio, from slow to upbeat. "You are my fire," Luke sings softly. I look to him at notice him smirking at me.

"The one desire," I continue, louder.

"Believe, when I say," he goes.

"That I want it that way," we both yell.

"But we are two worlds apart," Lucy joins in with us. "Can't reach to your heart when you say, that I want it that way."

"Tell me why!" everyone in the car screams. If anyone was outside they would think someone's getting murdered. "Ain't nothing but a heartache, tell me why, ain't nothing but a mistake, tell me why, I never want to hear you say that I want it that way," we all sing, correction- scream.

We continue to sing at the top of our lungs, all singing completely out of tune when the key of the song changes.

We all burst into a fit of laughter after our rendition. "Pitch Perfect moment," Lucy comments mystically. We all laugh and shake our heads at her.

We finally stop at a small, empty looking field from lunch. Fiona lays a picnic blanket on the bright green grass while Adam organises the picnic basket.