Chapter 6

Friday rolled around without the rest of the week being overly eventful. Fiona, Adam and I had developed a sort of a friendship, Fiona was surprisingly good at giving advice and Adam always knew what to say to put a smile on anyone's face. Luke was still a mystery to me, despite Fiona's attempts to describe him to me, I just couldn't help but feel that there was more to him. However, every time I tried to make a conversation with him, Hannah would shoot daggers in my direction, although that didn't stop me.

Tonight was the night of Brad Tate's party. It hadn't taken me long to learn that Brad Tate was a stereotypical jock. He was a senior and quarterback of the football team, and from what I've seen he was rich. He was the sort of person that I would go for back at my old school. But I'm not that person anymore, and now I'm caught in between being who I want to be and who everyone else wants me to be.

It's was currently lunch at school and here I was staring down at my food. This morning had been a particularly brutal amount of abuse from Kayla Kemp and Laura Montague. The former of which was currently sitting at our table, all but clinging to Thomas and daring me with her eyes to prove myself as the "manatee" she thought I was.

"Excited for tonight?" Asks a grinning Fiona.

"Of course," is my reply, and I really was, I'd been locked away practicing ballet for the better part of the week.

"Yay so excited," Hannah lets go of Luke's arm and gives a half-hearted fist pump.

____________

"Amaia, just take the damn dress woman," says Fiona, looking like an angry little pixie.

Fiona had been trying to get me to take one of her dresses for the past five minutes. I'd been hesitant because a) Fiona is tiny and I'm just... not and b) the thing is so damn short that it would put a prostitute to shame.

I roll my eyes, my resolve finally breaking "fine." I snatch the dress and head into her bathroom, which she had shown to me across the hall. I put on the dress and look in the mirror. The first thing I notice is how tight the scarlet dress is. It not only clings to my curves but also my flaws. The dress only just reaches my mid-thigh, reminding me of my very first high school party.

­­­­___________

"There's no way you're going out in that," Asher says, leaving no room for argument.

It's our very first party, about a month into freshman year. It had been a struggle, but it turns out a little confidence and persistence can actually get freshman near the top of the high school food chain.

I groan in annoyance as I look down at my outfit. A short, flowy, red skirt with black stockings and black ankle boots paired with a white cropped sweater. My chocolate hair fell down my back in loose curls.

"What's wrong with this?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You've got to be kidding me," he mutters under his breath. "As your older brother, I say you have to change," he smirks, knowing that he's got me as he pushes me back into my room.

"Only by five minutes!" I yell as I shut the door

­­­­______

I go back into Fiona's room, she and Hannah are standing around her vanity doing their make up while Adam's laying on Fiona's bed on his phone.

"Oh my gosh you look great! Way better than it ever would on me!" Fiona squeals. She does a lot of that.

I smile but on the inside I'm freaking out, although I'll never tell her that.