Chapter 13

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I pretty much avoid Luke until Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I still spoke to him when he spoke to me but for the most part, I ignored him. I just couldn't get over what he has said to me at rehearsal. So naturally, instead of talking to me, Luke spent his time making out with Hannah.

However, for the past couple days, he'd been constantly trying to message me asking to talk and apologising incessantly.

It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that I finally decided to stop being petty, no matter how enjoyable it was. Alright, let's talk. Meet me at mine. I text bluntly.

I lay on my bed, fiddling with my scarf as I wait for his reply. It's a few minutes before my phone buzzes on my bedside cupboard. I don't think that's a good idea. He replies.

Seriously? He messages me almost non-stop for days asking to talk and when I'm finally ready, he doesn't want to talk. I groan loudly and throw one of my pillows at the wall. Just as the pillow is flying through the air, Thomas walks in the door and narrowly manages to avoid a collision between his precious face and the pillow.

"Woah," he says as he jumps back slightly. "You good now?" He asks.

"Not even the slightest. Why are boys so frustrating?" I groan as I bury my face in a pillow.

"Lay it on me," he says as he sits beside me on my bed.

"Luke spends the better part of the week trying to talk to me and when I'm ready to talk, he doesn't want to!" I groan in frustration.

He's silent for a few moments. "Did you ask him why?" he finally asks.

"No..." I trail off sheepishly. "Can't you just tell me?"

"I can tell you my side," he says. I look at him and nod. "His Dad cheated on his Mom with my Mom," he finally says. "Dad doesn't exactly like him being here. He loved my Mom and even though he knows Luke's nothing like his Dad, he's a spitting image of him," he explains. I ponder his words, so that's why Thomas' Dad doesn't like the band practicing here.

"Well thanks for making me feel like a terrible person," I smirk.

"It's my goal in life," he muses as he leaves my room, closing the door behind him softly. I grab my phone and text Luke.

How about yours?

________________

I draw in a deep breath as I pull my hand up to knock on Luke's door. However, it swings open before I even get the chance to knock. I'm met with the breathtaking features of Luke Knight.

"I'm sorry," we both say.

Luke opens the door wider, silently offering for me to enter. I walk through the door, noting the warmth radiating from inside. It had been getting colder recently. I immediately pull off my scarf, Luke taking it from my hands and placing it on the coat holder.

I silently follow Luke up to his room. "I know what I did was wrong, what I'm doing is wrong," he corrects as he closes the door. "It's selfish and unfair. I guess I just figured that if I could have feelings for you, then surely I would have feelings for one of my childhood best friends, the girl that I used to play Mommy's and Daddy's with, the girl I was told I was going to marry," he leans against the door. "That's how the story's meant to go, isn't it?" he asks, running his long fingers through his hair.

"Sure, if you're reading Sleeping Beauty," we both laugh. "But I'm not the one you should be apologising to, Hannah is."

He looks down at the ground. "You're right," he finally says. "How did I ever survive without you? You're so smart," he muses.