Chapter 36

A/N Wow! Nearly 600 reads! Thanks everyone for supporting me, this story comes from a really personal place and I'm so lucky to be able to share it with you all. This book's nearly completed, there's just a few chapters left. Never fear, though! There will be a sequel!

I wasn't sure how Monday at school was going to go down. So much had happened over the weekend, Hannah had left the band and Luke had written the most heartfelt song for me. So that's why I was a bit apprehensive when Thomas forced me to go with him to meet with the band. He led me to the familiar spot by the lockers where Adam, Fiona, Lucy and Luke were all waiting.

Fiona was the first to rush to me. "I'm so sorry Maya!" she cries as she flings herself at me. "I should never have even considered kicking you out."

"It's okay," I insist as she pulls away. "I get why you did it, you were just trying to protect your friend," I nod my head in Luke's direction.

"That's the thing, you're my friend too and not once did I consider you," she explains.

"It's alright Fi, I forgive you," I smile. She pulls me in for another hug.

A strong, familiar hand grasps my shoulder causing my breath to catch in my throat. Fiona's gently pulled away from me and Luke steps into view, removing his hand from my shoulder. "So on that note, would you please re-join the band?" he asks, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

I raise an eyebrow. "And if I were to say no?" I already know that wasn't going to happen.

"Well," he says, playing along. "I suppose Dusk To Dawn would be no more." He then sighs deeply, all traces of playfulness leaving his expression. "Please?" he begs. "The manager of the bar told us not to come back unless you re-joined. Hannah sucked."

Huh, Thomas hadn't told me that.

"I don't know..." I trail off. Everyone's eyes were on me. "Of course I will you knuckle heads!" I yell. Everyone playfully cheers after releasing a sigh of relief. "But there's a condition," I say. "You boys need to sing more! It sounded freaking amazing!"

"Freaking hell you had me worried for a second," Adam laughed.

"Well it's a good thing you decided to re-join," Luke confesses. "Because we kind of booked in to perform at Alexander's work party."

Wait, the ball thing! Its December already so, "when is it?" I ask.

"Friday," Luke confesses shyly.

"Should be alright now that your Mom's moving out, right May?" Thomas mutters in my ear. I smile and nod, she'll be mad but I can't find it in myself to care, not anymore.

"Well you guys have some practice to do," Lucy laughs.

"So do you," Fiona giggles. "We can do some more vlogging now that Maya's back, we can restart our prank war." There's a silence, everyone no doubt thinking of more pranks.

"My house after school?" Adam finally asks.

"There's no place I'd rather be," I smile just as the bell rings.

For the first time in weeks, Luke sits next to me biology.

He leans over to me. "Howdy partner," he whispers in the most ridiculous Southern accent. I can't help but burst into a fit of laughter.

Mr Gray chooses that moment to enter the classroom. "Good morning class," he greets, however, the class remains silent. "Today we'll be covering plant and animal cells, as well as doing a comparison."