Chapter 20

To say Fiona was freaking out would be an understatement. "What do you wear?!" she exclaims.

"Fi, chill, it's just Luke," I laugh.

Lucy and Fiona were staying the night and we were currently getting ready for my date with Luke, it's was 4pm and he's meant to pick me up at 5pm. For me, this is plenty of time but for Lucy and Fiona, the world might as well be crumbling around them. Thing is, my hair and makeup is already done so I don't see what the big deal is.

"Just Luke?!" she yells. "This is my OTP we're talking about!"

"OTP?" I ask.

"One True Pairing, get with it Maya!"

"We're getting off topic here guys, what should Maya wear?" Lucy asks.

"Well Luke said to dress casually, nothing fancy," I shrug.

"Nothing fancy?" Fiona scoffs in the background as Lucy wordlessly makes her way over to my closet and begins rummaging.

Finally, she emerges. "How about this?" she asks, holding up a white knit sweater, grey skinny jeans and my brown ankle boots.

"That's perfect, Lucy," I smile, going into my closet to get changed.

"There's something missing," Fiona studies me with a raised eyebrow as I exit. Her eyes light up and she reaches behind me, into my closet, and pulls out a grey beanie. She places it carefully over the top of my curled hair then takes a step back. "Perfect."

Lucy suddenly giggles from my bed. "Uh, what's up with you?" I laugh.

"I have reason to believe that she's texting her lover boy," Fiona says in a teasing tone.

"Lover boy?" I cock an eyebrow.

"Our little friend here has a crush on your soon to be step brother," laughs Fiona.

Lucy sighs sadly. "Unfortunately he's taken and I follow the girl code," she huffs. I offer a sad laugh in sympathy.

There's a knock on my bedroom door and it proves to be none other than Thomas. "Speak of the devil," I mutter.

"Hey, um so Luke's here and Dad's downstairs talking to him?" Thomas asks, clearly confused.

"Oh yeah, that. Remember how we're going on that date?" Thomas visibly cringes. "Well, I spoke to your Dad and he agreed that Luke should be allowed around here so therefore, he's here to pick me up," I give a smug smile as I skip out the door and downstairs.

Luke's waiting downstairs while casually talking to Alexander, his hands are in the pockets of his denim jeans. His hair's messy, flopping in his eyes as he throws his head back in laughter. His eyes visibly light up as his gaze meets mine. "Ready to leave?" he asks with a lopsided smile.

"Yep!" I skip down the stairs to meet him. Fiona trails behind, Lucy and Thomas still up in my room. Fiona throws something at Luke, which he catches with ease.

"Take care of my baby," she warns. Wait, what?

Noticing my confused look, Luke explains. "Fiona leant me her pickup truck for our date."

Fiona has a pickup truck? Wait, Fiona has a car? Adam always drives her to school. "Yes I have a car, Maya. Just, could you imagine what would happen if I rocked up to school in a pickup truck? It would ruin my reputation." It's true.

"Alright, let's go," Luke leads me outside and to what must be Fiona's pickup truck. Its old looking and bright red.

"So where are we going?" I ask for what must be the hundredth time. I'd been asking Luke all week but he refused to tell me.