8- ғᴇᴇʟ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ

"Jungwoo!" Nayoung called out and he looked at me with a smile.

He stood up from his chair as she walked towards their table.

"You look very beautiful" Jungwoo complimented Nayoung and the girl blushed.

"T-thank you and I uhh.. Appreciate this lil date we're having" she exclaimed.

"Yeah. Thank you for coming as well. Atleast you came not like Jiyun" Jungwoo said and Nayoung's heart immediately dropped.

"What?" Nayoung asked for clarification.

"Well I met her on tinder a few weeks ago but then she dumped me and refused to meet up with me. I already made reservations and I can't let it go to waste that is why I asked you out" Jungwoo told her.

Ouch.

"Oh" she uttered.

"So... You ready to order??" Jungwoo asked her and she just nodded. She was sad and wanted to go home but she doesn't wanna leave Jungwoo.

They ordered food and started having a little conversation. Jungwoo was smiling brightly as he was talking to his friend while Nayoung was faking it.

She really thought Jungwoo liked her too. Mark was right. She shouldn't have her hopes set too high.

After that friendly date, Jungwoo offered to bring her home but Nayoung refused as she wanted to go somewhere else. The latter agreed and the two left the restaurant.

Nayoung went home almost in tears. As she entered, she saw Mark on the couch reading a book.

As the boy heard the door opened he looks up seeing a sad Nayoung standing there.

"How did it go?" Mark asked.

The girl then bawled her eyes out and Mark patted her shoulder to comfort her.

"H-he... I felt like I'm only a rebound" Nayoung cried, not wanting to say more.

"He's such a jerk" the girl uttered and Mark wiped her tears with his thumb.

"It'll be okay. For now, do you wanna do something else?"

"I'm gonna cry more in my room"

"I don't want you to cry anymore Nayoung."

"Shut up. I'll do anything I want"

Mark then pulled her by her arm and sat her down on the couch.

"You stay here and I'll call the pizza place nearby. I have some ice cream in the fridge and 3 packs of doritos in the pantry. I know you just ate but I also know that it can make you feel better together with your favorite movie" Mark said and dialed the pizza place's number.

"Mark shut up. Not all girls can feel better with food and movies" She said and Mark rolled his eyes.

"I have a mom, a sister and an ex girlfriend who feels better when they eat food. I'm trying to help you out. I don't want you to cry. So sit down on that damn couch" Mark said and put the phone next yo his ear as a signal that the pizza place has picked up.

Meanwhile, Nayoung was smiling. She appreciates that Mark was trying his best to make her feel a little better.

The pain might still be there but this little action he did was enough to make her smile and at least make her feel a little better.

Author's note:

Uhhh.. Hello! Sorry for not being that active. Thank you for 1k reads I appreciate it a lot hannies! I was actually thinking of unpublishing this book because I forgot the plot and some stuff that I have for this book but seeing the comments and stuff just makes me think otherwise. Also, senior highschool is stressful af damn.

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie