19- ᴄʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ

The flight went on smoothly and the couple arrived home being greeted by their parents.

"How was your trip?" Mark's mom asked.

"It's great! Look mom we like to talk but we're just really tired could ypu guys give us some time to rest? It's already late at night too. You guys need to rest as well" Mark said and they all agreed.

"Yeah okay. Welcome home! We prepared food but I guess you guys should eat those tomorrow. Just microwave it okay? Good night sweethearts" Nayoung's mom gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek.

Once their parents left they flopped on the couch and sighed in unison.

"I'm honestly not tired yet. I did that so you could rest and so they won't ask us more questions. It's gonna get annoying for sure" Mark and joked and Nayoung just smiled.

"Do you want to sleep? You can go ahead I'm just gonba stay here for awhile" Mark added but Nayoung pouted and put her arms out lazily.

"What do you want?" Mark asked her.

She groaned and rolled her eyes.

The latter chuckled and carried her to their bedroom. He tucked her in and was about to go until the girl pulled him by the wrist.

"Can you... Can you like cuddle with me until I fall asleep? Please?" she said and Mark had this feeling of excitement. He crawled on to the bed and lied down with her.

The girl snuggled into his chest and her waist was being held by him gently pulling her closer.

(A/N: gosh i feel so single lmao)

"Tell me a story" she said softly.

"What story?" he asked her as he held her head, ruffling her hair in a comforting way.

"Anything. I just want to listen to your voice"she whispered. Mark's face felt hot and he smiled.

"Okay... Wanna hear a story of my childhood?" he asked and the girl lifted her head to look at him in the eyes and said:

"Yes please" and smiled.

~~~

(A/N: this is gonna be a flashback lol with dat chewing gum era vibes but they're much younger here... Mark is around 12. Renjun won't be here though im sorry renjun stans it's for the sake of the first book)

"Have fun baby" Mark's mom said and gave him a lil kiss on the cheek and drive away.

He entered his kindergarten school and was soon greeted by one of his good friends, Donghyuck but he calls him Haechan.

"Hey hyung! My mom baked cookies for all of us want to have a bite now? So you wouldn't have to share with others? You know how Jaemin can be" Haechan said and gave him a cookie.

"It's okay Channie! I want to eat it with all of you even if it means that Jaemin would snatch it away from me" he replied to his friend.

They entered their classroom and they saw their other friends Jaemin, Jeno, Chenle and Jisung.

"GUYS MY MOM BAKED COOKIES!" Haechan shouted and the boys immediately got theirs and started munching.

"Hey Jisungie I have the gum you wanted. It's the fruitty one" he also whispered to Jisung and gave him his gum. After eating his cookie he started chewing his gum.

Suddenly, their teacher Mr. Kim entered the classroom with a stick.

He tapped the stick on the table and asked them to line up.

He checked every single one of his students is they look clean and has the appropriate uniform.

"Excuse me Mr. Park what is that in your mouth? Spit it out" Jisung pouted and spat the gum out of his mouth.

"Gum isn't allowed here okay? Now everybody sit down!"

"No looking from side to side eyes to the front and never talk wuth your seatmate understood?" the teacher said and they all nodded.

"Good" he stated.

An hour later~

Nap time came and they all went to their respective beds and tried to sleep. Yes, they do have their room where they could sleep.

"Hey guys I can't sleep" Jeno whispered.

"Same here" Jaemin replied.

"Me too" Chenle jolted up and pouted.

"Me three" Jisung also stood up and ruffled his hair.

"You guys wanna explore around this room?" Mark asked excitedly and they all nodded making sure the door was locked so no one could get in.

They played and chased each other until they noticed this strange box. They opened it and it revealed glue, paint, glitter and other stuff for arts.

"Guysss! Look there are so many glue and I saw this contact lense solution on the shelf. Let's make slime!" Haechan said and that gave them an idea.

So the group of children made slime and covered it pink.

They found a way to put it over the door to spill on their teacher once he enters.

"That should teach him. He's so mean" chenle said and faked evil laughed.

And let's just say the prank worked but they were sent to the disciplinary office but it was all worth it.

(A/N: yeah that one scene where they tied their teacher with this pink goop. I don't think a bunch of kids can do that to an adult so I decided to change it into slime cuz let's be honest kids nowadays know how to make it)

~~~

"You guys are mean" Nayoung laughed and punched Mark's chest.

"What? It's pretty funny" Mark replied and smiled at the memory.

"I didn't know you were best friends with Jeno" the girl said softly.

"Yeah. It's all good though I just hope I can find a time to apologize to them for being such a jerk"

"You're not a jerk. It's just that... You have to do it for your and supposedly her sake" Nayoung said and Mark nodded.

"Let's just slesp" Mark exclaimed.

"Okay you can roll onto your side now" the girl pushed him a little but he wouldn't budge.

"Nah imma just stay here with you. I'm gonna let go once you fell asleep" he replied and soon the two fell asleep in each other's arms.

Author's note:

Sorry for the typos lmao. Have a great day!

I also made a nct fan acc on ig. My username is @nimonct if you guys wanna follow me. I post short stories or one shots there as well hehe! Thank youuuuu

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie