~Chapter 9~

Sura's POV:

Instead of following Subaru, I head directly into the school in search for a quiet place to settle amongst my thoughts. Striding down the long crowded hallway, I get a couple of strange looks as I pass by, which I return with a cold glare. Without looking, someone bumps into me and I look up at them with an angered expression. I noticed he is an older, taller student and his face was previously showing annoyance, before he looked down at me and it changed into one of amusement as a smug grin formed on his lips.

"Heeey sweetheart, if you don't mind giving me an apology, maybe we could go have lunch together" He suggested.

I immediately registered him as a cocky, stuck-up idiot who is too proud for his own good.

Almost gagging at his offer, my eyes narrow even further and I clench my fists in anger, suppressing an angered growl but failing to mask the irritated look on my face. Looks like it will be harder to refrain from punching someone today after all, no surprises there...

"Go to hell you bastard, and don't call me sweetheart" I threatened and his cocky attitude drops, the first part of my sentence causing his anger to boil over.

"I asked you nicely, now apologise, sweetheart" The nickname caused me to snap.

My already clenched fists tighten and I bring my hand up to his face, striking him vigorously on the cheek and causing him to stumble into the wall. Gasps erupted from the already surrounding crowd, as he groans and lifts his hand up to feel his cheek while leaning on the wall for support, his eyes wide in shock. Not used to punching people without my normal strength, I flex my hand gently to ease the muscles.

Calming down slightly, I glance around and notice everyone's eyes on me, giving me judgemental looks. Many of them begin to mutter quietly to each other about how scary and weird I am, all the comments ring continuously in my ears.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I struggle to block out the constant words of disapproval, but only one word that is whispered caught my attention.

"Freak" The word echoes in my brain and silences all the other remarks, my eyes snapping open in shock and pain.

Then in a distant corner, I notice Subaru examining the situation before him with an emotionless expression and we lock eyesight. Feeling the guilt and shame closing in on me, I tear my eyes away from Subaru and dash down the endless hallways. Coming to a stop in front of a small staircase, I notice it leads up to a door that most likely is the entrance to the rooftop. Rushing up the steps, I wrench open the door and it let's out a loud metallic creak. A gust of wind blows the door closed once more, although it eventually dulls into a gentle, cool breeze that caresses my face and tangles through my hair. Walking forwards, I close my eyes in peace and sigh softly to myself.

Once I'm standing a couple of metres away from the edge of the building, I gaze upon the endless dark forest that expands for miles and creates a small opening far in the distance, which is most likely where the Sakamaki mansion and large crystal lake lie. Up here, all alone, I feel at peace to finally ponder my thoughts without any worry of being disturbed.

Although that one word still echoes endlessly in my blank mind, causing my eyes to shimmer with sadness. Curling up in a ball on the cold concrete roof, I rest my head softly on my knees. Then my mind wanders back to this morning and I remember placing my favourite trinket in my pocket before heading downstairs. Reaching carefully into my pocket, I pull out a small silver knife embedded with glimmering rubies. Although this trinket doesn't bring very fond memories and is far from something I cherish, I only keep it in case I may need it. That's when I notice two very faint scars on my left wrist, although my thoughts are soon interrupted.