~Chapter 17~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys!

Hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long~

Don't let today's OST scare you too much, and enjoy today's chapter!

Sura's POV:

A piercing burning pain crawls across my skin like a burning fire, an oozing crimson liquid spilling straight afterwards. Hot tears streak down my cheeks as the pain continues to increase, the same action being relentlessly repeated. Gritting my teeth so hard, I can hear them grind roughly together once again, as the cool metal slashes painfully across the pale flesh on my back. Even though this is only once of many times this has occurred, every time the silver metal drags painfully across my skin, it hurts so much more than the last.

"Come Sura dear, let me scar that precious skin of yours. How about at the front this time?" A sweet but crazed voice sounds from behind me.

Hearing this voice, I cringe slightly as I slowly shift around to face the owner of the voice, keeping my shirt raised for the new gashes that are soon to be inflicted. Seeing my blood laced on the blade as it drips to the floor, I shut my eyes tightly to prevent me from watching the oncoming punishment. Call it that if you must, but this results too often to be just a mere 'punishment', this is more of a sentence I and the owner the voice agree that I must undergo...relentlessly.

No matter how painful, I deserve it, at least that's what I've been taught to believe.

"After all, this is only a small price to pay. For an abomination such as you, this is the closest thing to death that is fitting" The voice smiles.

"I'm sorry..." I utter, finally blacking out from the blood loss.

Feeling my eyes flutter open, this time when my face is met with a strong chest and comforting embrace, I don't feel the need to blush away in embarrassment at all. Pulling away from his chest, I manage to sit up even with arms wrapped tightly around my waist. Lifting up my shirt a little, I reveal just some of my many scars, remembering that the nightmare I just had, was certainly a memory. Noticing someone stir beside me, I quickly release my shirt in time to meet a pair of shiny red orbs staring back at me calmly.

Although his calm expression drops immediately and changes to one of worry, when he notices the dried tear tracks down my cheeks and, more solemn than usual, look. Bringing one pale finger up to my eye, I flinch faintly at his cold touch, but remain still as he traces the tear stain down my jaw. Then he looks at me sternly, and I know already that whatever he asks next must be answered or

I'll have some new cracks in the walls to explain.

"Were you crying?" He states the obvious, as I react to his words and quickly wipe away at any remnants of tears in my eyes.

'Shit, he figured me out' I mentally curse at my moment of weakness.

"Tch...No" I mutter, denying the obvious when I already know a smart vampire such as him would definitely work out I'm lying.

Then he lets out a small chuckle and leans away from me, which surprises me to say the least.

"You're really bad at lying" He points out and pulls at his shirt where there are two wet marks, most likely caused from my tears.

Using the two wet dots on his shirt as evidence and from his previous act of affection, if that's even what it was, he gives me a look that says 'explain or I'll make you'. Sighing loudly, I ignore his threatening gaze and jump up and out from his pristine stone coffin. Then I suddenly realise I'm missing my favourite trinket, which is probably still sitting in my school jacket pocket, in my black and pink striped duffel.

Don't judge, even people like me can like the colour pink once and a while.

*Just for the record, I really don't like the colour pink, hot pink is the only exception for me. Sorry girls who love the colour!*

Finding my jacket, I sigh in relief that it hadn't carelessly fell out of my pocket where anyone could find it or that Subaru hadn't found it in my pocket from yesterday's feeding. Although it seems I spoke too soon, because when I reach into the pocket, it's empty.

"Crap, crap, crap..." I hiss under my breath.

Panic sets in as I frantically check the other pocket, only to end up with the same result, and I search through my clothes and duffel with a distraught feeling of having lost the trinket.

"Where?" I put my hands on my head and pull at my hair, picking at my brain for information on where it may be.

"Looking for something?" I whip my head around to find Subaru investigating the silver dagger.

'Craaaaaaaaaapppppp' I extend the curse through my mind, my eyes wide as I stare at the scenario.

"You shouldn't leave these things just lying around on the floor you know, someone could get hurt"

Someone's going to get hurt alright, and it's not going to be me.

Clenching my teeth together, I run over to him and attempt to retrieve it from him, although he constantly moves it away where my grasp can't reach. Specifically holding it up high where he can use it disadvantage in height against me. I can practically hear him mentally grinning and laughing at my struggle.

"I swear to god, when I get my knife back, you're going to pay for belittling me!" I shout in anger.

"Since when does a girl need to carry around something as dangerous as this?" He questions, while I try to rip it from his grasp.

How could I have been so careless as to leave it on the ground and not notice?!

"Protection. Now give it back!" I growl, having to jump to try an reach it this time.

"Tch...Sure, now tell me the real reason why you have it" He pushes my patience the the breaking point, when I finally strike an idea I'd rather not resort to, but I'm out of options at this point.

"Fine, you wanna play dirty, I'll play dirty" I smirk, and a new side of my personality is revealed.

Knowing already that a mate's touch can distract and seduce the other, I use it to my advantage.

Subaru barely has enough time to react when I snake my arms around the back of his neck and pull his head down to meet mine, locking my lips with his in a chaste kiss. Almost instantly, he drops my dagger in the moment and slips his arms around my waist to pull us closer together, releasing a muffled moan into my mouth. Using my bare feet, I hastily use my toes to securely take hold of the handle and lift it up to meet my hand, that travels sneakily down his back and slips away to take hold of the knife.

When a woman gets desperate, she can play quite foully for anything.

Pulling away from the kiss before it gets too intense, I hold the knife up in victory with a smug look on my face, backing away before he takes the chance to steal it from me again. Marching away in triumph and newfound sense of fulfilment and confidence, I pick up some fresh undergarments and a new outfit, walking back past Subaru's still frozen figure with a swing of the hips. Then I disappear out of the door to go have a shower, leaving him to his own thoughts. Finally snapping out of his lovestruck daze, a smirk becomes apparent on his lips as he turns and stares back at the door.

"I'm starting to like this side of her"

HAZAR!

That's all for today everybody, once again, a big thank you to everyone who read today's chapter and I hope you all loved it!

So long fellow fangirls/fanboys! Until next time!

XXX