~Chapter 22~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys!

I'm just gonna cut straight to the chase cause nobody wants to hear me rant...although today's OST is a really good one so I recommend a listen. ALRIGHT ILL SHUT UP NOW.

Enjoy!

Reika's POV:

Closing the door behind me, I enter Reiji's now empty room, taking a seat in one of his plush armchairs to see if I can figure out this whole situation. After trying to gather all the possible reasons for why Cordeney has suddenly showed up, I come up with loose ends for every outcome. Raking my hand through my hair in frustration, I heave a final sigh of defeat. Noticing Reiji still hasn't arrived back to his room, I decide to pass the time by engaging in some light reading. Searching through my pile of books, I realise that I've already read these same books over and

over, but none of them had the answer.

Sighing, I walk past Reiji's large bookcase and my eyes briefly stumble across a book titled, 'The Basics Of Immortals'. Retrieving the book from the shelf, I use the tips of my toes because my height seems to be a problem, and flick through the pages while sitting comfortably in the armchair again. As I begin reading, I come across a most interesting statement.

"Vampires can mark their mates by biting them and tasting each other's blood, thus binding them by blood and soul. To fully complete the mating process, they must pledge an eternal vow to each other. As they may never die, their love is eternal and everlasting as immortals" I voice out loud.

Well this much I already know, but the next part is something I've never thought upon before.

"It is unlikely for a vampire to have a human mate, but if they start out human in the beginning, they are transformed into an immortal somewhere along in the mating process. Although it is a completely different case when it comes to cursed or bewitched humans..." I trail off, as my eyes widen in surprise.

At last, perhaps this book has an answer to all my questions, and hopefully will be able to finally solve my family's entire problem. Before I can delve deeper into the matter, the book is plucked from my grasp. After the book is stolen from me, I whip around to see a solemn looking Reiji.

"I don't appreciate those who steal my books without permission" He scolds, shutting the book loudly to over emphasise his anger.

"My apologies" I mumble my apology.

Exhaling in irritation, he returns the book to the shelf and begins shuffling around with his experiments on his lab desk. I follow his back with my eyes, although I'm certain he knows my gaze is burning holes in his back while he continues to mess around with the different liquids and substances. Then I stupidly decide to break the thick ice in the room, getting straight to the point.

"So you were neglected as a child too, looks like we're not as different as I thought" I shyly admit.

Visibly flinching, he freezes and stops what he is doing with his mixtures.

"I would hardly compare my childhood with yours" He alleges in a deep and intimidating voice, well, more than usual.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" I narrow my eyes, slightly insulted by his proclamation.

Turning around to face me, he adjusts his glasses and stares me in the eyes with a look of...pity? Striding over to me, he comes up behind the chair, he uses his gloved hand to gently caress my cheek, while his other hand supports him by holding onto the arm of the chair. His beautiful, deep magenta eyes are now full of emotion, as they bore into my own, now slightly shocked at the close intimacy. Leaning down close to my ear, his hot breath fans my lobe.