~Chapter 25~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys! I'm so sorry I've been a stranger lately. You all know how school is, always taking up your free time, but that's no excuse as an author! So, I apologise for being so late with updating recently. Anyway, onto the good stuff!

Enjoy!

Laita's POV:

Strolling through the door, I shut it softly behind me with a faint 'click'. Letting out an exhausted sigh, I sit down in a velvet green chair stationed by a rounded table. Already bored of waiting for him, I remove my fedora and play with the pretty red bow on top.

To be honest, my mother bought this hat for me, she says it fits my cheeky personality and gives me a certain 'stylish flare'. At the time I was hesitant, but it grew on me and I eventually never took it off. Everyone thought I was just making a fashion statement, but I used it as more of an emotional mask. Whenever I don't wear it, I feel more exposed and vulnerable. My life is an open book, but when I do have it on I feel like I can do anything or face anyone. In other words, my confidence in myself is boosted significantly.

I suppress a humourless chuckle. Here I am, mentally talking about a stylish hat being a facade I use to hide my true feelings of wanting to curl up in a ball and die of shame. Which is totally true, but I'm too afraid to admit it.

Feeling a new presence in previously empty room, I flinch and turn to face an emotionless Laito. It surprises me how blank his expression is, and how his lifeless eyes seem to bore into mine.

Now I really have the urge to put my fedora back on, I feel like cowering before his threatening and unusual gaze. Cautiously standing from my chair, he takes a measly step forward, which surprises me a bit. But his lack of emotion in his movement and his eyes scare me more.

Crap, I forgot my fedora on the table. Well, self confidence has now been entirely thrown out the window.

"Laito please, you're scaring me" I state clearly, a hint of worry and uneasiness in my voice.

He doesn't respond, even his eyes are still dark and emotionless, but then he begins moving in a slow pace towards me without showing any signs of stopping. When I realise he isn't going to stop, and when he's centimetres from my face, I inch back and away from him. Although he still decides to move forward. Though I continue to move backwards, but I underestimate my surroundings and feel a soft object behind me. Before I have enough time to look over my shoulder, Laito moves directly in front of me, where our noses are just about touching. At this, I let out a small squeak because of the close proximity and trip backwards onto the soft structure behind me. Because of the bouncy texture and soft emerald duvet, I assume I have fallen onto his bed.

Then his eyes glare up to my own unexpectedly, wearing nothing but an unsatisfied frown and a dark look.

"Idiot" He barks briefly, a cold tone that sends shivers throughout my body...not in a good way at all.

This new nature of his is completely and utterly terrifying me, and I don't like where this is headed one bit.

As soon as he delivers his statement and sends me the narrowed glare, he opens his mouth wide and pauses for a second. Abruptly, he then roughly dives his fangs deep into the flesh of my neck. In no way does this feel good, instead, his actions are aggressive and angered, but I can tell that he's not entirely mad at me. I can practically hear my muscles screaming and contorting in agony, as I grip the sheets between my fingers and thrash my head back with my teeth clenched tight.

Finally having mercy, he removes his fangs slowly and stares for a long while at the puncture marks he's made. Standing back up, he looks down at me emotionlessly, making it extremely hard for me to read what he's feeling at the moment.