~Chapter 20~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys!

This chapter is the one I've been leading up to for a while, the big reveal of the girls' pasts! Also, how cute is this smol bean up top?😋 

And don't forget! Italics means they're in the dream realm, which will be the majority of the chapter anyway.

Enjoy!

Sakamaki Brothers' POV:

Opening their eyes, they groan almost all in sync as they lift their heavy heads up from the rough ground. Beneath them lies a dark, moist brick floor, the smell of mould hangs in the air while accompanied by a strong metallic rusting smell. They slowly stand up and dust themselves off, checking for any possible threats and questioning where they are, while taking a good look at the area. Examining the surroundings, the walls of the large basement are lined with worn metal bars, most likely where the rust smell is coming from, and inside the cells lie a pair of also rusted cuffs, hanging by a metal chain attached to the wall. Noticing the barred cells continue down the hall for miles, they immediately recognise this as an old dungeon.

"Where are we?" Subaru asks, his low tone echoing down the endless hall.

"That is a good question" A voice says in front of them, causing all the boys to turn and look.

"You are in your mates' memories, the ones they've tried so hard in hiding from the world, and from you" The mysterious man continues, the boys sending the lilac haired-male hateful glares.

"Memories?" Kanato tilts his head in confusion.

"Trust me, there is a lot more to those girls than it may seem" He indicates.

"Why would we trust you over them?" Ayato snarls.

The man simply chuckles at his foolishness and begins to walk down the hall, into the darkness. The boys follow him with their cold gaze before running after him for more answers.

"Hey wait, get back here! Yours Truly isn't done with you yet!" Ayato declares, as they chase the strange man down the brick halls.

As they slowly begin to lose sight of him, they come to a halt in the middle of a similar looking place to which they woke up in. Now, the only thing that can be heard is their heavy panting, the dripping of moisture coming off the walls and ceiling, and almost silent...sniffling? Using their enhanced vampiric hearing, they follow the sound of the sniffling as it becomes louder, until finally, they come across an occupied cell.

The only occupied cell in the entire dungeon, holding a young red-haired girl, whose hair is pulled into a messy high pony and she is wearing a dirtied white shirt with brown overalls over the top. The chains clasped tightly around her wrist are what attach her to the moist brick wall behind her, while she supports her body upright by kneeling on the filthy floor. Her wrists are already rubbed raw, probably from trying to escape the metal shackles, while her knees are badly scraped after resting on the scratchy brick for so long. About a foot away from her sits a small metal tray with a small supply of water and next to it is nothing but crumbs leftover. Along with the young girl's sniffles, the only other noise escaping are her ragged breaths that are a result of struggling to inhale and exhale properly.

"Melons?..." Ayato calls, mostly to himself

A loud screeching of rusted metal grinding against each other, is what snaps them out of the ordeal of studying the poor girl's state. Watching as the same purple headed, emerald eyed man stalks into the cell, a completely displeased look upon his face. Lifting the girl's head, her tired eyes widen and her mouth opens to speak. Her normally gleaming emerald eyes, now drained of life are what catch one particular tomato head by complete surprise, his breath hitching in shock.