~Chapter 16~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys!

We're back again with the next chapter! Up top is the picture of the mentioned outfit in the story, as usual, if you don't like it, feel free to reinvent it however you like! Hope you enjoy the OST, and love today's chapter!

Enjoy!

Laita's POV:

Curling up in the already tangled sheets, I cower helplessly under the covers, blocking my ears in an attempt to silence the endless thoughts that invade my mind and ring endlessly in my ears.

"Worthless brat!"

"Your life serves no purpose"

"You mean nothing to me!"

"Your mere presence disgusts me, get out of my sight"

"Your life is pointless, always has been always will be, you will never be worth my attention"

Hot tears sting at the bottom of my eyelids, remembering all the painful memories that have occurred ever since I was born.

All these comments have been uttered before, but for some reason, they continue to swirl and build up in my head. Maybe I'm trying to tell myself how worthless I really am, but even so, there must be a way to make him notice me and then he can regard me for all my qualities. Perhaps then he'll show me some attention. Suddenly, my stomach rumbles loudly in hunger, and that's when I realise exactly what I must do. Ignoring my increasing hunger, I push my horrid thoughts to the back of my mind and fall into a deep and lonely sleep, tears still streaking down my cheeks.

Feeling a cool hand glide over my hot cheek, my eyelids peel open to see two sparkling green eyes, laced with a hint of worry. As two slender fingers wipe away my new tears, I recollect my thoughts and remember falling asleep in Laito's room, then having the horrible nightmare. Sitting up hesitantly, his hand drifts down to cup my cheek in a reassuring manner, the iciness of his skin spreading across my face like sharp icicles, creating a comfortable and tingling sensation. Strangely, I welcome his cold touch, I relish it even, but in this circumstance I reluctantly pull away from his hold.

Getting up from my position on the bed, I grab some fresh undergarments and clothes, wandering over to the door. Before I open it, I rest my hand warily on the knob and look back at Laito.

"I'm going to go wash up, so don't get any ideas about walking in on me, Laity" I crack a small smile.

It seems I've grown quite accustomed to his new nickname I gave him, at first it was just to tease him, but I guess it's stuck quite well. I notice his own smile appear upon his features, a happy one but with his usual perverted accent.

"Don't tempt me, Little Mate, or I just might" He winks cutely, his cheekiness removing all of the worry I detected in his eyes before.

Stealing one last look his way, I exit the room quietly and make my way to the closest bathroom. Removing my clothing, I run the hot water and let it cleanse my entire body, as it flows across my skin. Pouring some coconut scented body wash over my form, I scrub away at all the bad memories and wash them away in the bubbles, watching as they travel down the drain, never to be seen again. Although they are forever within the depths of my mind, never to be erased as they are as much a part of me as my fedora, probably more.

Stepping out of the shower, the chilly air hits me like a blizzard, but it is no where near as comfortable as Laito's icy yet pleasant touch. Wrapping a towel securely around my body, I prepare to change back into my clothes again, until a cute chuckle echoes across the pristine white tiles of the bathroom.